HybridZ

700 R4 TRANNY MODS...HELP!

Corzette

Guys, I am rebuilding the CorZette engine and Tranny. What should I do to the Tranny (700 R4) to bring it up to handling around 350 to 400HP or so with a good shift kit? What would be the best thing to add or upgrade? I'll tell my mechanic when he does it if I can get some good advice!

Thanks!

CorZette

Hey guy try A-1 Transmission of Lubbock

I told them what I wanted and they built a great 700-R4... there on 34th but hard to find as there shop is set way back between buildings...

be sure to talk to the owner!!!

and tell him what you want...

he built mine a few years ago and it was a pretty good tranny.... with no electronics.

he also has several converters in stock so tell him what you want...

there are probly some other great trans guys in Lubbock but this is the one I know about

good luck

73's

Stan

Don't worry too much about building a "bullit proof" 700R4 for a Datsun. These cars are light enough where the clutch packs aren't going to see a very serious loading on them. Just to be sure, however, go with a nice shift kit. I am running the B & M street/strip **** kit. I think I spent $25 for the kit. First to second will break 'em loose on street tires. Second to third will sometimes "chirp", but not always. The other mod I did was installing the B & M kick down valve. This is supposed to prevent partial throttle kick downs. I'm not sure if I needed it, but the price was right (free!!!) and the trans pan off. Why not? I think these valves can be had for about $20 - $30. Besides that, make sure that TV cable is adjusted and put a good converter in there. I realize lock-up converters are expensive for the 700R4, but they are totally worth every penny (performance wise). One last note, when looking for a 700R4, try to get one made in 1987 or newer. These models have the auxillary valve body and are considered superior to the previous models.

Hope this helps

-Andy