HybridZ

Hidden wipers

Six_Shooter

I know I've seen a thread where there was a series of posts that showed a modifictaion where the wipers were below the cowl, and then when the wipers were turned on, the hood would raise to a point that would allow the wipers to sweep. I can NOT find this thread, does anyone have a link to this information?

Thanks

Is this the car you are looking for? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/645045/9

That is exactly it, Thank you. I could have sworn that I saw it in a thread here on HybridZ, but I guess not.

I had even looked at a thread here on Hybrid that showed the chopping of the top of that car, just nothing after that.

After looking through that car domain entry again, it looks like the chopped Z thread I was looking at last night was a different car. I don't feel so bad now for not finding it.

Why not just make the cowl flip up on its own hinges rather than flipping the whole hood?

If I were to make something similar I think that's how I would do it, to have the cowl panel still seperate from teh ood and have only that flip up.

I think the builder was looking for a very smooth look, and combining the cowl, service panels and hood into one large part, definatly does make it a bit smoother.

The car has some VERY VERY nice touches, some I like, some I don't, overall it is very well thought out and the execution looks to be very good as well.

The original photo-chop of that car was the inspiration for me to chop and rake my roof as well. Looks slick and should help reduce drag significantly.

It was your car I was looking at the other night, and I must say I love the way you did yours, it's almost convincing me to chop mine. I love the look. The only thing that is holding me back is some sanctions don't allow chopped tops in certain classes of racing, calling it an "aerodynamic advantage", who can really argue that? :lol:

I have some other ideas to improve the look without chopping the top, but we shall see.