HybridZ

Brandnew Front strut bar and Roll bar, finally...(plenty-o-pics)

Yorgee

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pic of the main hoop that is bent FOR the '70-78 Z, if it helps; but, I have no hosting service for posting the pic. Email me, and I'll send it to you.

handymanstan@comcast.net

Ironically, after bugging Mr. Coffey as well as Mr. Mortensen, I think that I have changed my mind about installing the roll bar set-up. My car will see such an infintessimal [TINY] amount of track time, that I just don't think that it is worth it for ME. I have been online SO long reading about roll bar vs. no roll bar....harness vs. no harness. I have Googled, and literally spent ELEVEN total hours reading study-after-study, opinion-after-opinion; and, I think that I have decided that FOR ME, I'm going to stay OE [along with all of the other copious chassis reinforcing that has already been done]. My eyes are literally BLOOD RED from reading so much on the computer!

The manufacturer, great customer service that they have [seriously], still will hit me with a 25% restocking fee, so I am hoping to sell it to someone locally who wants it for somewhere [$$] in-between.

For those who are curious as to why I would go to such extremes of driving two hours to pick-up this set only to turn around a week later to change my mind...I have seats that I love [RX7 FD], they will position my head close enough to the main hoop that it MIGHT be an issue [in certain crash conditions]. The hoops are considered best for FIXED-BACK seats [i.e. race seats]. The seat belt issue is becoming 'cloudy' for me as to optimal safety, and there are CLEARLY two camps regarding harnesses for street driving [this includes major safety entities]. These are just three issues that I SHOULD have resolved PRIOR to buying the set.

The set IS NHRA approved [among others]. It has approved provisions for removing the Harness Bar, and is oversized enough that one could likely make a five point out of it.

Really sorry if this turned into a highjack. Wasn't my intent, just wanted to offer explanations. I'd like for you to see the hoop; but, you'll have to email me.