HybridZ

Looking for specific covered toggle switch...

Tx1021

Sorry, I dont think my first post may have been very clear. All of these covers force the switch into the off position when shut. The ones I found awhile ago had covers that did not interact with the position of the switch at all. So you could turn the switch on then shut the cover and have the switch stay on.

• Administrators

Hmmm..

Never seen one those before. All the ones I have seen or dealt with flip the switch when the guard is closed. You could just grind out material from the cover to "clear" the switch or use a shorter toggle that will clear the cover when it is closed.

How about this style below? It will function similarly in that it allows the switch to be in any position at all times and also protects the switch from inadvertent operation/activation due to “busy” environments.

http://www.space1.com/Artifacts/Artifacts_FOR_SALE/FS__Switch_Guard/fs__switch_guard.html

switch_guards600.jpg

switch_guards2.jpg

You can space the cover plate higher on the threaded neck. You need to space the switch with washers from the rear of your panel. This keeps the cover-plate on the flush surface of your mounting plate.

You could shorten the toggle. Grind it down a little. Don't get it too hot.

A combination of both would definitely work.

I am going to make another plug for AUTOZONE and ADVANCE. They have an amazing variety of switches with various length toggles.

I have been ordering parts from Waytech Wire. They have a fair selection at good prices. Some of Waytech's offerings have a minimum purchase quantity. I have a huge bag of red and black terminal boots similar to alternator lug boots but larger. PM me if you want some.

I think spacing the cover away from a smaller toggle would work. Ill try it out.

I have been going to Autozone and checkers and they do have good selections, i just wish i could buy a switch without being asked what kind of car I am putting NAWZ on :roll:

No, i thought about that, but I just need something to keep them from getting inadvertantly turned on or off. Plus the cover is notched so it fits on a certain way, i could grind it off but then there woud be nothing to keep it from spinning around.