HybridZ

Wheel Ideas....

Challenger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, funny thing about the group buy thread is that they dont seem to have ever actually gotten a discount..

I just got off with 18racing and it will be 625 shipped. :) Thats alot cheaper then the xxr 006's I was looking at, when factoring adaptors. Bad thing is 2-3 months... although I wont be driving it till spring/summer Id like to have them in my hands. :)

Dam Derek, I saw your new signature and thought. He finally bought new wheels. So I went searching through your recent posts to find the real photo. Bit disappointed it's only photoshop. Hurry up and get some of those, they look good against your paint.

Haha, yeah Ill probably have them in Feb/March. Im really anxious to get some, Im just mad I didnt decide on these like 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had them money then, I wouldnt have to wait as long.

Oh and I wish it looked like the picture outside! Where the car is in the picture is a huge pile of snow. :)

Haha, yeah Ill probably have them in Feb/March. Im really anxious to get some, Im just mad I didnt decide on these like 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had them money then, I wouldnt have to wait as long.

Oh and I wish it looked like the picture outside! Where the car is in the picture is a huge pile of snow. :)

Yea, that snow can be a pain. I have basically finished my suspension in my friends garage, almost ready to drive it home, and then what happens? SALT
At least you guys get snow. All I've seen here is rain. We never get snow any more.

Anyways, I think those wheels in flat black would look really good on your car. Good choice in paint too, I'm finding I like it even more now than I did when it was new.

Hey Derek,

I agree with everyone else, go with a dark color. Flat black looks good, but maybe you should consider Hyper black. Just my .02. I got my 16x8 RB-R's in hyper black all around, not too long ago.

DSCN1493-1.jpgDSCN1494-1.jpg

Are you going to be running coil-overs? If so, go with the +10 offset instead of the +04, if you don't want to roll your fenders. If your running lowering springs then you can still go with the +10, but you will need a 5mm spacer to clear the front perch.

Hopes this helps you with your decision. :icon14:

I will be rolling the rears. So seems like the 4s will be best.

But I am running tokico lowering springs so would it be better to just get the 10's and a front spacer? I was wanting the 4s for the extra bit that sticks out. (looks) But its really only 6mm, isnt much for the cost of rolling fenders. Ill think about it.

You got the 10's right? And are you running 225/50's or 45? Wasnt 45 v. 50 making a difference on rubbing too?

What color did you get? I love the look of my Rota RBR. I went with the 17X8.5 because I wanted Hyperblack with a polished lip and they don't come in 16X8.

I think your car would look awesome with gunmetal and a polished lip. Hyperblack would look good to, but its a little lighter than you expect.

I will be rolling the rears. So seems like the 4s will be best.

But I am running tokico lowering springs so would it be better to just get the 10's and a front spacer? I was wanting the 4s for the extra bit that sticks out. (looks) But its really only 6mm, isnt much for the cost of rolling fenders. Ill think about it.

You got the 10's right? And are you running 225/50's or 45? Wasnt 45 v. 50 making a difference on rubbing too?

Yeah I'm running +10. 225/50/16 on all four corners. And it clears the rear fenders. I think to be on the safe side the 45 series might be better, but I like the look of the 50 series much more.

I don't know what cost more. Rolling the fenders? Or getting two 5mm front spacers?

What color did you get? I love the look of my Rota RBR. I went with the 17X8.5 because I wanted Hyperblack with a polished lip and they don't come in 16X8.

I think your car would look awesome with gunmetal and a polished lip. Hyperblack would look good to, but its a little lighter than you expect.

Who are you asking?

Havent bought them yet. Looking to order today. Just making sure everything is definite. I think flat black will looks great but..... hyper black looks great, and gloss black with polished lip.... ugggghhhh.... :( Im still heavily leaning towards the flat black.
FWIW, I think the flat black will looks best since it'll match your trim.

Does anyone have two pics of an RB and an RBR same size and offset? Im getting really confused on which is which and what is what...... On a 16x8 +04/+10 which is the more banana shape and which ones flatter?

Heres supposedly an RB..

rotadb.jpg

These are more RB's

rb_all.jpg

RBR 16x8 +10

DSCN1520.jpg

Also would it be possibly to run +04 in the front and +10 in the back? Front will stick out and not need a spacer, rear fenders wont need to be rolled.

-- Just talked to 18racing and she said the main difference between the two will be the lip. The RBR will have more of a lip with the same offset and rim size. Shes sending pictures to my email in a few minutes so Ill post them.