HybridZ

Source for Rubber "boots" for engine bay connectors, fuel injectors, etc

PhilbertZ

I've noticed that all the weather proof protective "boots" on my fuel injectors and other electrical components have rotted and are cracked to bits....I'd like to replace them.

I checked wtih Black Dragon Automotive but they don't carry them.

Do you guys know of a source for OEM versions? And is there an easy way to get them on (like a heat shrink application for instance)?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Philbertz,

This is posted in the wrong forum. This is for Electramotive engine management.

For a lot of the boots (injectors, TPS) you can simply use shrink tubing of the proper size. Harbor Freight has a kit with all different sizes that say they are good to 250 degrees F.

[Edit: If you're talking about the connectors themselves, you can get them off ebay or del city has those EV1 connectors cheap! If you want better ones than stock, go with the GM style ones where you don't have to pick at a clip]

Score!

I've seen this site as well - really cool stuff.

But I like the idea of not having to remove the individual wires from each connector in order to seal them - that's why the heat-shrink stuff seems like the best way for me.

Anyone tried both methods and am I being a total scardycat about the wire removal? Does the heat shrink not protect as well, or is that a viable option?