HybridZ

JDM Light covers NEW reproduction on e-Bay

my experience is that the very earliest factory items were steel channel section, made from two pieces butt-welded together then chromed. After a couple of years they started making them from stainless steel ( still two pieces butt-welded together ) which was then polished to a high shine. The replicas I have seen are chromed, not stainless.

My Early Fairlady Z-S (S30-00745) had OEM "Chromed Steel" surrounds as Alan says. My 75-S had the Stainless Steel, same as my 76 Z-L and the 77 Z-L 2/2. Okinawa was not kind to the early model variant, same as to early bumpers. Nissan seemed to have a knack for somehow heavily chroming only one side of a piece, leaving the backside suceptible to corrosion!

I was unaware of any good reproductions, learn something new every day. I just assumed they were like the items on my early car.

(Alas, that car 'went to earth' back in 86... Terminal Rust that only living on a small tropical island can give you...when it's 'salty rain' you know it's bad for cars!)