HybridZ

Bad Dog Frame Rails(Standard Vs Super)

I purchased a set of bad dog frame rails for my 280z. The set I recieved are made from 10GA steel (0.131" thick). Is this overkill? Should I get the thinner gauge units that are 12GA (0.1046" thick)? The difference in weight between the two is about 4lbs. Should I just not worry about it and use what I received?

Regards,

Justin

I bought a set from BADDOG, installed them about a month ago and I was surprized with quality of them, They were a little thick but I consider that is where you needed some strength. Driver side went on with out a hitch, just when I miged them do more on the heavy stuff and it wil melt in with the light metal. Passenger side, well when I installed them it did not go all the way up to the floor pan like the driver side. Maybe the rails are slightly diffirent on the 280Z? One is taller then the other?

John

either use sheet metal screws to force the floor pan to the rail, put a jackstand where the floorpan bows under the baddog rail. lower car onto the baddog rail and jackstand, stitch weld it to the Z, and then let it settle. the baddog rail will pull the floor pan rail out for the most part