HybridZ

pics of my plugs @ 25 lbs of boost 720cc injectors

Ya, just a teeny weeny bit. Just richen it up. i prefer to be a bit too rich versus a bit too lean.

I just noticed you busted 1000 posts recently. Hoorayskies!

(My wife and I will be heading to Dallas soon to pick up and engine and/or hang with my bro and his family; we're thinking we'd like to stop by. How about 4am... unannounced?)

You know, Phil, I was also wondering about the condition of your injectors. Did you buy them new? It might be worth your investment to have them cleaned and flow-tested somewhere.

I recently found a shop down here in Pflugerville that does it for $15/injector, including new screens, filters and o-rings, if necessary. The ebay injectors I got for my Merkur were way out of wack until they were cleaned. One of my injectors' flow increased 107% and the spray pattern of all of them was definitely more like baby urine, kinda going everywhere. Imagine if I'd actually put them in and run them that way!

It might be worth your investment to have them cleaned and flow-tested somewhere

Definitely worth it in my opinion. There's no doubt #3 is leaner than the rest and will detonate first. I bet that injector is weak in some regard.

You could switch injector positions and run it a while and compare the plugs to see if the lean plug follows the injector, but you shouldn't get any more aggressive with the tune.

jt

Won't they look a little lighter then usual since you're running meth/water injection?

Also, Innovate recommends you do a free-air calibration every X months (it's in the manual), and it's more frequent on turbo cars.

Have you gotten your Venom's tested yet?

Mario

maybe THAT explains why the colors aren't all the same. Even though my car was running crappy due to an improper AFM, all the plugs but the one on my leaking injector were exactly the same (but this is NA)

I've heard a lot of bad things about those venom injectors.....Unless somehow Phils are good ones? (is that even possible?)

Phil regardless that 3 does look lean, they all look pretty good. I suspect that the meth injection has an effect on the plug cleanliness too.

I wired in a "CAL" button and "AUX power" switch into my O2 sensor circuit. I flip the switch to CAL mode to give the sensor 12volts with the engine off and then hit the CAL button to let it start the cycle. Do this with the car cold to make sure there is no residual gas in the exhaust system.

Believe it or not, Big-Phil is originally from Maine, a U of M graduate if I remember correctly. I noticed he was wearing a Black Bears hockey hat in one of his pictures once and inquired. BTW, my old stomping grounds too!!

I dont believe it actually.