HybridZ

key does nothing

He had the main power supply of the harness connected to the bottom pole of the starter solenoid. Once he moved it up to be tied along w/the constant power from the battery everything worked.

I'm thinking the PO put the wire on wrong. It happens. I'm just glad it was that simple.

Yup, thats what it was. They must have put a starter in it at some point because it has a Bosch starter. I didnt even know that they were on the wrong places lol. I'm real glad that it was something as simple as this cause it saved me lots of money that I don't have to spend. :)

• 9 months later...

Please let me know what the fix was for Cutless372. I think I'm experiencing a simlar problem with my 73 240Z. Ignition, blinkers, heater fan blower and electrical fuel pump will not work. But my headlights, parking lights, horn and internal dash lights work. Could this be related to a fuseable link or voltage regulator problem and if so where would they be located? Thanks anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I also forgot to mention in addition to the Carter electric fuel pump, ignition, blinkers and heater fan blower not working. I also found a wire coming from what I think is the voltage regulator located on the passenger side fender accross from the altinator, was fried clean off. I replaced the wire with a fuseable link and still the same problem continues with the above item not working. Also to add to this before all went south with headlights and parking lights ON, engine running and with the blinker ON left or right flashing, the tach needle would drop a few houndred rpm's. Help

Joe