HybridZ

My LT1 needs a LSD

deja

Of course it burned down, LOL. I've been over in the drive train forum looking around. Lots of stuff in there for sure. I'm in no hurry so I'll keep looking and gathering info.

You can take the ring gear off the open diff you have in there now and bolt it right on to the Power Brute LSD.

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a Power Brute for sale.

It seems the factory that manufactured them was destroyed by a fire or earth quake so they are not made anymore. There are other brands, such as KAAZ, that should work but I have no experience with them. You could also get a Quaife helical diff but they're pretty spendy.

Do some reading in the drive train forum, there's a sticky there that discusses this very issue. There are options but it will take some research the figure out which will work best for you.

Wheelman

I saw that one last and added it to my watch list. My concern is the previous owner found it "too aggressive" for the street and went with a 1.5 way. I have no clues what all that means, but I'm thinking it means the 2 way will release later and be a little harsh making turns on the street. I want LSD but I will rarely race my car so I don't want a race setup that will be a PITA for daily driving.

I put a power brute in my 3.54 r200 with the stock cover some 14 years ago. Don't really drag race much, but used to autoX a lot. Made a big difference coming out of the corners, and no troubles on the street-unless it's wet. Both tires spinning makes it much easier to swap ends!

Mike