HybridZ

Jmbranger Ebay Seller Warning

Challenger

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Id give this a bump, I still have the spoiler for a convenient time to "return" it.. :)

Anyone know if hes still selling on ebay? Im trying to find an auction of his.

EDIT--- Just found this, this is huge!!! http://www.atlanticz.ca/ if you look at the list of officers he is VP of atlantic Z!! I will definitely be giving them a call. Im really hoping this will be a breakthrough. $260 would be nice right now! Ill be giving them a call tomorrow, dont want to interrupt their thanksgiving! :) :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well thought Id give everyone an update...

Ill make a short summary of the transaction.

----------------------

Jims local friend who is also an admin on AtlanticZ gets a parts car. It happend to have holes on the hatch and rear fender areas. He opens the hatch and finds a spoiler. He assumes its to the car without checking and sets it aside as a IMSA 3 piece Datsun spoiler. Jim keeps bugging "John Doe" about selling it to him to sell on ebay. John gives in sells it for $100 to Jim.

Jim sells it on ebay as what hes told, and I buy it. I inform him what it is and he lies to me saying he personally pulled it off the car and the friend he pulled it off with, "John" died.... he asks John if hes sure it is what he said it is, and John confirms it (and feels slightly offended). John doesnt know about what happened.

Jim continues to make excuses, lies, etc and still never makes any attempt to fix the problem.

I got pissed off again recently (needed money, remembered the $260) and contacted the said admin (by chance) at AtlanticZ and their treasurer. Which ended up going nowhere, although they both agreed that he was wrong, they "couldnt do anything".

I will be making an official posting at AtlanticZ regarding this and see what happens. I imagine It will be deleted by guess who, and I will be banned. But we'll see.

The bad guy's can't win if right is right. What goes around comes around, Keep your self in good company, it helps to have a red light , light up on a shister. Very few of us have friends that are real so we cherish them, even if they don't want us to to have that one off' piece we've been wanting ,trust them if the feeling is sum tins wong

Still working with them... I made a post at atlanticz.ca simply stating what he did and they quickly locked it, and moved it in a spot where only admin can see it. (didnt expect that..)

I got an emal from their marketing director and he said theyll probably delete it permenately being that "It would be awkward" for them.. Whats awkward is that they have a guy like this as their VP!

Ive been kind of mellow about this being that everyone I contact about this doesnt have any relation to Jim but agrees with me. Now that I am in contact with his friends and collegues, even though they know he is wrong they DO NOT really care enough to take action needed... its pretty sad and its starting to make me mad. Not about the money but that there is absolutely no accountibility these days, and this is a perfect example. No one is willing to take a stand to someone doing something improper, even if it is "awkward".

If you think life is going to be fair you are correct. In the first days of adam and eve, it was fair to each of them 50% of the time. Today with over 8 billion people in the world it is fair to you 1/ (4billion) of the time. So if you blinked, which you probably did, you missed your opportunity. There you go again, you blinked yet again.

I doubt very seriously that you'll ever get the satisfaction you are wanting or think you deserve. It isn't about right or wrong, it is about time to quit wasting time and energy on something that is fruitless and move on down the road with a valuable lesson learned. It is called the wisdom of age and now you know why us mature persons don't spend alot of time dwelling on things like this. I said mature instead of crusty old farts for a reason. I know some crusty old farts and I am not one of them yet. LOL

Have a good day!

I doubt very seriously that you'll ever get the satisfaction you are wanting or think you deserve. It isn't about right or wrong, it is about time to quit wasting time and energy on something that is fruitless and move on down the road with a valuable lesson learned. It is called the wisdom of age and now you know why us mature persons don't spend alot of time dwelling on things like this. I said mature instead of crusty old farts for a reason. I know some crusty old farts and I am not one of them yet. LOL

Have a good day!

I must be one of the crusty old farts!

It is all about right and wrong!

These guys count on your getting tired of no results and giving up, so they can go back to "business" as usual, and burn the next guy.

That is exactly what guys like this are waiting for...and why more and more of them appear. If it is profitable for them to do, and not painful-they will keep doing it!

Sand in awkward places bothers most people, but most will still return to the beach. If you want sand to get results, you must be a sand blaster!

When you give up and get tired, they win.

Don't devote you life to this, but spend a few minutes once a week on it, and ultimately you will get a result. When the sand starts costing him more money than he made, he will resolve the issue. $260 won't break anyone, or will it? When the damage to his reputation is worth more than resolving your situation, he will refund the money.

Why are you worried about pissing off a crook-he wasn't one bit concerned about pissing you off-for exactly the reasons stated above.

Will

I dont care about pissing him off, its just not getting anywhere. The more I piss him off the more he doesnt want to resolve this.

As for the $260, for him it is nothing. And Im sure this thread has done more than $260 in damage. For me it is alot! First off I dont have a job, my only income is odd jobs for my grandparents, buying/selling car parts, etc. When I bought that spoiler I was making like $8/hr. Thats nearly 30+ hrs. working for nothing, $260 will break some people... It would have been in his interest to just write a check last fall...

IF HE CAN IGNORE YOU HE HAS NO REASON TO RESOLVE THIS, IF HE CAN'T IGNORE YOU, HE HAS A REASON TO RESOLVE THIS!

Anybody can pretend anything for a little while, but in the long run the pressure will get to them-the closer you get to adversely affecting their comfort zone, the faster the issue will get resolved. People do not like change-be it losing a job or going to jail.

With time on your hands, check into what taking his to small claims court will do...the more stink you throw his way, the worse he will smell...sooner or later he will want a bath.

Somethings are worth more than what they cost-catching a thief is one of those things.

Will

Derek,

I just read all 6 pages of this thread. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS!!! Ride him into the ground. You, as well as many of us here and at Classiczcars, work TOO DAMN HARD for what little money we have. If you let him think that he has even an incling of getting away with it, He'll do it again. And most likely to someone who does not have the backing that you have here at Hybrid and everywhere else.

Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Clubs, Ebay, PayPal and many more should have an idea of what you can do with this guy. If his own club, that voted him V.P. wishes to push it under the rug, then the club is just as guilty as he is, hands down. If I act like an ass to my customers, I fully expect MSA, HybridZ and ClassicZcars to bannish me without a second thought.

Hell, I'd expect a bloody lip and a few bruises for my actions if I acted like him. If he's such a good Ebayer, He should easily be able to come up with the money to make your situation right.

Don't give up, we got yer back,

Dave.

Zs-ondabrain at Classiczcars.com

Motorsport Auto Supplier

First of all, I feel for you, Derek. Nobody should get screwed on ebay. That said, if you're under employed and that spoiler represents 30 hours of pretax wages, you might want to consider a less expensive hobby until the income matches your taste in cars. No offense, just advice.

Dennis