HybridZ

"Birth of a Racer" HD documentary

cygnusx1

If you are lucky enough to have the HDTH channel. 727 on the Optimum network or also on Voom, there is a good documentary/movie on tonight called "Birth of a Racer" .

"The next revolution in motorcycle engineering is here. Racer, architect and design daredevil Michael Czysz is on a mission to build a world-class, made in America, superbike capable of competing at the Laguna Seca round of MotoGP. Motivated by a lack of innovation on the part of major manufacturers, Czysz has taken matters into his own hands. His ultimate goal is to create a high performance street bike for the man on the street that will directly compete with elite Japanese and Italian companies. This outsider uses fresh ideas and innovative technology to achieve a stunning new level of motorcycle performance. Watch Michael Czysz put his new generation C1 prototype to the ultimate test."

It's on at 8pm est on the HDTH channel.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=31001

http://www.discoverychannel.com.au/ontv/birth_racer/index.shtml

I watched it.

The commercials on TV made it seems like it was a real grassroots effort. The actual show was nothing of the sort! I found it amusing that they were "running out money", yet they were traveling around in a shinny new crew hauler bus.

The idea for the counter-rotating crankshafts is interesting though. I also enjoyed their track day with the professional riders.

Thanks for the reminder to tune in, cygnus!