HybridZ

LSD question

deja

I have searched and read until my head is going to explode, LOL. The options and configurations are overwhelming and I hope someone can give my a straight up answer to this question.

What all would be involved in putting a 90-96 300ZX LSD into a '77 280Z? Would I need to fabricate mounting or will this "bolt in" with only some new parts from MM? I assume I would have to change axels and flange adapters.

Also will the "guts" from a short nose fit in a long nose?

Same here Even.

Oh yeah, CVs for sure. I worried about thise u-joints with each run I made at DNI, LOL.

Deja, nice to see you again at DNI!

After seeing your setup, CV's only make sense. I am not sure about the whole diff conversion though!

Evan

The Z32 300ZX has a shortnose R200. Search, read my sticky thread in the drivetrain section, check the Techno Toy Tuning website as I think they have released their mount, and you'll find your answers.

The LSD carrier will fit in the longnose R200 housing, but you'll need to use the VLSD CV joints. This is covered in my sticky thread and Tim240z's thread and Modern Motorsports sells the parts you need to make it work.

DAMN IT--now you got me second guessing myself. I think you'd need the Z31SS VSLD shafts... better un-tool shed this until someone can figure it out.

LOL, thanks Jon. I know its all in the stickies but the numbers and buzz words started running together after a while and just makes it very confusing. The more I read it however the clearer it gets. Much of this is all Greek to someone that isn't really familiar with the models and which cars the model really are. I'm just trying to fully understand this and avoid buying something that will be totally unusable or that will cost me a fortune to install. I will check Technotoys, Gabriel is a cool guy, I got hits strut bars.

The Z32 300ZX has a shortnose R200. Search, read my sticky thread in the drivetrain section, check the Techno Toy Tuning website as I think they have released their mount, and you'll find your answers.

The LSD carrier will fit in the longnose R200 housing, but you'll need to use the VLSD CV joints. This is covered in my sticky thread and Tim240z's thread and Modern Motorsports sells the parts you need to make it work.

DAMN IT--now you got me second guessing myself. I think you'd need the Z31SS VSLD shafts... better un-tool shed this until someone can figure it out.