HybridZ

Quick update on rb build

fentin_fury

Well my power steering challenge is nearing completion.

Some bad pictures of the mock up....

240zsteeringrack.jpg

It looks much closer than this right now - will take some shots once V has completed the install.

The long block is now together. RB26 (34) Block, bored 1mm, cp pistons (8.5:1), tomei conrods, crank assembly balanced, etc.

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

These oil pan mods were done last year before the original install - but I did not take any pictures - so I thought I would share them...

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

That is it for now..... the head should be back from having new guides, surfacing, etc. soon. Then it will have to be re-assembled.

Q

• 3 weeks later...

definately a modified 200zr pan.

you can tell by the undulations in the round part of the sump.

an RB30 sump actually looks similar on the front and back of the sump as the part that was added to the 200zr sump pictured above. (i.e- rb30 sump is flat and angled on both front and back). I hear it's the same as the RB25 one.

RB26 sump is aluminum and has axle flanges and is a heck of a lot more supportive from a rigidity standpoint.

just went in the garage.

definitely 200zr pan.

difference between 200zr pan and RB30 pan that is readily noticeable is the bump in the "flat" portion, as well as the RB30 pan has a X king of marking that adds rigidity to the flat portion. Not sure if the RB25 is the same, but I think it is.

I was the one refering to the 3.0's, so I'll say that I'm not sure which one it came from or if they're different. But I do have two mounts that came with mine, and I held onto them just incase they fit the S14 front cross member I got.

• 1 month later...