HybridZ

Bike speedo in car question

Shift

Can you use a aftermarket motorcycle Speedo on a car, if it has a digital sender?

Reason is. I have a 240sx tranny and don't want the hastle of trying to fit the 240sx guages in there.

How have the guys that didn't use the SX gauges over come this problem and what did you guys use?

I know. Thats why i said carrier also. Unbolt the whole electric sending unit. Take it out and throw it away or what ever you want to do with it. Take your Z's speedo carrier and cog with the appropriate cog in it and stick it in the hole! you might have to cut a new retaining slot in the carrier that is 180deg. from the original slot. This is because the sx tranny has the retaining bolt 180deg. from where it is on the z tranny.

maybe i need to just flip the original around. i wound up using a cog body that i found that had the retaining slot on the same side as the sx and seemed to have the right offset but it must have not been close enough...or something is up with the speedo cable. i've got several cogs and cog bodies laying around. i'll check on it. but yeah, i've thought about doing the autometer electronic because it doesn't matter what cog you have in there, or if you change rear ends because you can just recal. it. the guy at autometer said it should work with the ka sender as well. but its $200 compared to $120 for the mechanical.