HybridZ

Makin' Molds

z-ya

That looks just like the NOS Kamei air dam that came with my $100 parts car. Yours should be a little more solid than the flex-ithane of the original.

Start churning out those spoilers! I'm waiting for the "for sale" announcement.

Use cheap sprayers. We had one that had a smaller nozzle than the other, so we used that one for the fine first layer. We then used the one with the bigger nozzle build it up. Keeping them clean, and functioning is the hard part. You need to constant.y rotate them to keep the gelcoat from hardening in the gun. You need to spray acetone through it to keep it clean.

When we have some parts made, I will post photos of them mounted on a car. Not sure when this will happen.

I'm looking for a set of 280Z front lower valances if anyone has a set I could borrow for making molds from. These usually get replaced when an after market air dam is installed.

I have a set. They are ready for paint. The guy that I got them from desided to put an airdam on his car, so now I have them.

Long Live the Z

Chris

Thanks Chris, I got a set from another HybridZ member. I should have them next week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...