HybridZ

Primadonna Z.......Lite?

primadonna z

the rediculously huge wing, for the rediculously amazing looking z....wow thats def nice and not duplicated....amazing car....and i love the mesh....but for some reason it looks like the lips arent as big as the 2nd set of wheels....sooo my vote...mesh wheels with the (rota/pana/watanabe) lippage

What's the chance of getting some molds of those rear flares??????? Those are the proper IMSA units from the Devendorf car. It seems the molds got destoyed.

Thanks,

Alan

I have been told that they are the only Devendorf flares left. But I just had the car painted, and would not want to damage the paint pulling molds.

I think the whale tail looks more like a dolphin tail on that car.

When Jack designed and built these cars he purposedly built the Whale Tails wider to compensate for the flares. The double wing whale tail that goes with the car is fully 10 inches wider than the Tail that I bought from MSA that's shown in the above photos.

Below is a picture of Primadonna #1 is shown with the standard whale tail that Jack built. Not only was it built to be wider, but was also built as a low profile, and moved rearward.

88.jpg

76.jpg

I think the original spoiler and wheel better reflect the overall theme of the car. The whaletail, surprisingly, seems to tone down the outlandishness of the overall car design, which obviously contradicts the rest of the car. Just kinda seems out of place... too ordinary compared to everything else, not that it looks bad though.

I also saw this car in person when Hoover owned it, at a Datsun show in Sunnyvale or Palo Alto (I can't remember where anymore!), but I DO remember the car distinctly: the larger spoiler does balance out the looks of the car, while the "whale tail" is almost vestigial in appearance.

You could combine the looks of the two spoilers and have a third, more aggressive whale tail made that came out a bit further from the back with some flat black accents, ala extreme Porsche body kits for '80s 911s. It would look rather hot :D

By the way, your attention to detail in the restoration is excellent--the car looks even better and 'cleaner' now than when I saw it before.

EDIT: I never read the second page in the thread--you've already got it covered...

Davy

I so love these cars...:2thumbs: I just wish I had that decision to make that you have... In the end it's what looks good to your eye because whatever you do not everyone will agree with what you do. Make your decision and stick with it...:wink:

What a great car.....:D:biggrin::D..:burnout:

LARRY

The beauty of the situation is that I have two complete deck lids. Both are painted, but just have different wings attached. So....... about 10 minutes, and 6 bolts later I can change the personality.

It is not my intent to change the car permanently, I took a lot of time during the restoration to insure that the car remained historically correct.

I just want the option to have a little fun.

The second set of wheels I actually had made for ZWOLF. The slicks that I always run give the car a lot of attitude, but if I was ever really wanted to drive it far I needed a second set of wheels with street tires.