HybridZ

I hear a sqweek. Anyone have any idea's?

skewie09

Well, this just started a couple days ago. I think it might be the bearing in my clutch. So, what its doing is.......when im in gear and on the gas pedal ever so lightly I start to hear a sqweeking noise and if I give it a lil bit more gas it stops. It sounds as if medal is rubbing. Kinda like when the heat shield for the exhaust pipe is loose. I havent found what it is.

Anyone have any idea's they can give me. Thanks for reading.

Guest Z DVL

Hey,

When i bought my 80' 280ZX i had the same sort of sound/problem...four days after i bought the car the clutch began slipping(irrelevant to the problem) and so i took it to get the clutch replaced....when they were repairing it, they found my thrust/throwout bearings were very worn and ever since i had them replaced i haven't heard a thing...I'm not sure if that's what's wrong with yours but just tryin 2 give you a bit of insight so maybe you should check it out.

My car had a pretty good squeak shortly after I got it. It sounded metalic so I started replacing tensioner pulleys. That didn't do so i tried hosing down the power steering belt (the only one I could reach) with belt dressing, which would work for a few minutes and then it would come back.

Finally I discovered the alternator belt was extremely loose, so I tightened it up and was good to go.

Ok, this is weird. In the 2 years ive own my Z (which has only been driven about 8 months of those 2 years). Ive never filled the gas tank on it. Well today I picked up my wife and we got gas and I filled up the Z and now that sqweek is gone. Is the pump a possibility? I dont think it would be, but ya never know..

Ok, this is weird. In the 2 years ive own my Z (which has only been driven about 8 months of those 2 years). Ive never filled the gas tank on it. Well today I picked up my wife and we got gas and I filled up the Z and now that sqweek is gone. Is the pump a possibility? I dont think it would be, but ya never know..

sounds dumb but make sure the tank has the little rubber strips between the straps ans the tank you may have lost one one...... or the tank coule be loose the added weight would hold the tank down. Just my .02

Well, it feels pretty tight, all I ended up doing was making the Z bounce up and down, lol. When I use all my gas I guess ill find out if that is the problem or not.

might not be but its worth a shot also though that you might wanna check the lines etc etc check rear end bushings the extra weight could add alot to many componets