HybridZ

while i have it apart....

RedEvilrps13

Hey everyone, I have a quick question.

I have the radiator and whatnot out of the car in preparation of doing the timing chain on my L28. What I am wondering is if I can just take out the charcoal canister and plug the vacuum lines, seeing as down the road i plan on taking out the EGR and lines purtaining to the EGR system.

also, any other suggestions are welcome while i have the the front of the engine apart.

Yeah about that...

Yes you can remove it, but you need to put a breather on the tank vent line, or the pressure in the tank can become a problem (or so I've read around here). Most people cut the vent line off near the tank, bend a U into it so gas doesn't spill out, then cap it with a filter.

I have the radiator and whatnot out of the car in preparation of doing the timing chain on my L28. What I am wondering is if I can just take out the charcoal canister and plug the vacuum lines, seeing as down the road i plan on taking out the EGR and lines purtaining to the EGR system.

also, any other suggestions are welcome while i have the the front of the engine apart.

If you really want to polish up the engine bay you can replace the carbon canister with a stainless steel one and moved it somewhere more out of site.

Here's another option;

Remove the canister from it's currant location along with the mounting bracket. Relocate it above and in front of the passanger side front tire up under the fender. You will have to replace or extend by splicing the vacume hoses. I've done this and it helps clean up the engine bay. Road debris and water have not been of any issue. It makes things look a bit cleaner and you continue to help the enviroment a tad.

Somewhere in one of the forums are pics of my engine compartment. Maybe Ron Tyler or Brapp could direct you to them. Hope this helps out.

Mike HIntz