HybridZ

L28ET w/ SU Dyno Day Results

S30TRBO

Well before taking the SU off after the break in I decided to dyno the Z in a progression stage. Next my ITB are going on, plumbed for EFI and will dyno again. Finally after my traveling for work is done this spring/summer the plenum intake is going on with the turbo.

DSCF4098.jpg

DSCF4096.jpg

DSCF4100.jpg

I pulled 4 times here is the break down.

• 1st run 3rd gear, stock timing, yielded 140.68rwhp 164.69 ft.lb torque.

• 2nd run 4th gear, timing advanced half way, yielded 158.41rwhp 168.81 ft.lb torque.

• 3rd run 4th gear, timing advanced all the way (per the plate), yielded 161.59rwhp 174.50 ft.lb torque.

• 4th run 4th gear, timing advanced all the way (per the plate), stock air box cover and filter removed yielded 166.78rwhp 166.95 ft.lb torque.

Color_Dyno_Full.jpg

How are my numbers?

Motor Specs:

• L28ET F54/P90 Bored .60 over

• Ross Pistons

• Pauter Rods

• HKS 2mm head gasket.

• Entire rotating assembly balanced

• Isky Cam: Lift 490 intake, Lift 480 exhaust 290 intake duration, 280 exhaust duration, 1/14 lobe center. Isky Springs, retainers and lash pads.

• Ferrera Stainless steel Valves

• Nissan Rockers

• MSA 6-2 Header

• 2.5” Exhaust with Magnaflow muffler

• 260 Intake Manifold

• Z Therapy SU w/ SM Needles

• Early ZX single ear 5-speed transmission rebuilt

• OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch

• R30 Skyline R200 3.9

Comments other than it falling on its face on the top end? It did it on the first 2 runs and I

told Joe not to go over 6500rpm and when it stumbled he did let off.

I know I could have taken the distributor plate off and gotten more timing out of it but there was no timing light there to make sure. I didn’t feel comfortable yet in pushing the envelope.

Thanks to Joe and the guys at Tempest Racing with the Dynojet 248!!

Edited by BRAAP

So this was without the turbo? Your title made me think this was with the turbo, If it was without the turbo good job, I like your plate btw

Yeah well it's an L28ET, but your right no turbo yet. Thanks!

very nice man . what do you think you will put down with the turbo .

I am hoping 425-450rwhp.

Thanks!

good numbers for a cam and su's. I bet it runs pretty nice even without the turbo. how much timing did it need to make max hp? did you use SM needles?

edit: got it. the answers were in the first post.

to go from 167 hp at the wheels to 425 hp, you will need 23 psi of boost.

Yeah those numbers are most impressive,are you going to use that same cam with the iron lung ?

Yea I will stick with the Isky for now. I may need to talk to Paul (Braap) about doing a P90 or I might go the E88 route like TimZ.

I bought the Standard Abrasive porting kit from Summit Racing and smoothed the ports out the best I could. I mirrored the exhaust and slightly smoothed out the intake side and mirrored the bowels.

I think with the N42 non EGR and the Weber big throat t/b will get me close vice a Q45 90 pie using the stock injector bungs with custom runners and plenum.

Those numbers are almost identical to mine with a very similar setup.

I just put triple 45 OER carbs on mine and will re-DYNO to see what kind of improvement they make. I think my comp is slightly higher than yours since the only way I could get rid of my detonation was to run 105 race gas.

Tom