HybridZ

Rear 240sx disk conversion pics

LOOK MA NO DRUMS!!!.. Well I finally got rid of the rear drums and did the conversion. I have had the stuff to do it now for about 3 years lol.. The swap went pretty smooth other then troubles getting the drums off and then hacking the back plate ..( to a point then its the ole bend bend bend .... bend bend bend...finnally break).. At anyrate.. its all done and here are some pics..

411.JPG

222.JPG

313.JPG

511.JPG

68.JPG

85.JPG

93.JPG

102.JPg

1113.JPG

128.jpg

That looks great!

I'm falling behind now. I'm having trouble sourcing the hard line. Did you use it? I've been around to a few local suppliers, but most look at me kinda funny when I say japanese hard line?

I don't have the calipers yet either..no one local has a left caliper?!!!

But its ok. The weather is getting nice, so I'll just cruise until I get them.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit.

Your pics help visualise it a bit. If you did the new hard line, could you describe a bit on how you did it? I can't picture where this line is/will go. I haven't had the wheels off in a while now.

Cheers!

Scott.

Scott - Canadian Tire will have the hardlines in stock. Just ask them for the replacement brake lines that have metric flare fittings. They also have metric bubble flares for european cars - you don't want those. It is fairly obvious looking at the two different types, what you want is the standard flare. The line size is 3/16 as far as I can remember. I just ordered two sets of the brackets from Ross for some OZC cars. I got the calipers from Cardone through Canadian Tire also. They are pricey, at $100 each plus $70 core. Maybe you can find someone on the 240SX boards in TO that is parting out an S13.

On a somewhat related note - are you running CV joints in your car yet? Do you want to buy a set of adapters - I have just done a run on 240 and 280 adapters for the Z31 CV shafts and have some in stock. PM me if you are interested. I just sold a set to the Boodoos for their 10 second 280.

Scott - I had exactly the same problem with the parts stores here. It was as if they heard "metric" and their brains shut off. Eventually I just asked if I could go back with them and look at the rack. I was able to pick out what I needed almost immediately.

Scott, I used the factory Z hard line and cut the bracket off. I then bent the hard line out of the way and connected the stock 240sx rubber brake line from the caliper to the hard line. Eventually I will get rid of the rubber line and replace it with a stainless line.. but for now this will work.