HybridZ

Do you think this is a good deal on a Lt1 V8?

Would it be a good rule of thumb to say a freshly swapped car would be worth about the price of the donor plus the new parts minus the labor? It really depends on the condition of both and especially the quality of the parts swapped in (more so than the appearance of the car itself since they are basically a dime a dozen when not completely cherry), but quite possibly worth that. Upgrades and tunes are pretty much null, since it's doubtful that anyone buying a car like that is looking to settle with however it rolls into their driveway anyhow.

If he has tweeked the engine at all thats very possible. I turned 12.9s with stock engine, an automatic, 215/50 street tires, 3.54 non-LSD and no drag race experiance. Also I have a 2905 llb 280Z, if he has a 240 it would weigh quite a bit less.

"11's?"

Because it's in quotes, it doesn't count. While the rule applies that they can't print it if it ain't true, it is overridden by the rule that within quotes you can say whatever bs you want, because if it were true you wouldn't have used quotes in the first place. It's like saying "literally" and "honestly."

"Honestly, that guy literally took his head off." - John Madden

wow, thats alot for my z. where were you when i was selling it for 6k? yeah, thats my old z car, maybe some of you arent familiar with me but search my post and you should understand how the z came together on this forum. i did a trade for it and this fool screwd me over, but im just keeping it on the low side cause i dont want any problems. i know i might sound like an ass, but people call and ask me about the z all the time and i dont have time to explain and im not about to make this fool a big ass profit. he passes my numbers to his customers and ask me to explain about the car. its his now, he should do the selling and hustle. all i can say is, its not as fast as i thought it would be when i had it. and has tons of work put into it that he doesnt know of. but i wouldnt buy it, cause if anything goes wrong, itll suck to try to try to understand cause its all rewired and most lt1 guys have differnt ways of wiring and itll suck to try to find the solution when you dont know whats what. relays arent label, all wires are in red. relays are located in differnt spots in the car. you wouldnt know unless you strip the harness. i know cause i did everything. thats what suck about buying a project fuel injected computer control swap. this kid punches the car 24/7. went out of control and ate a curb and bent the tie rod. so you might want to check the frame. also, i dont know why he spray caned the car for, i did hours and hours of bondo job on it then he spray cans it. thats kinda no brainer. but yeah, enough of that. if you guys are wondering what i traded it for, 2006 kawasaki zx6r bike. i know im a buster but someday, another z will come into my hands and ill be hanging out here again.

ok, after looking at the craigslist post, the guy is a different owner now... i gueesthe guy i did a trade with must of made his profit already. if youdont have 9k, he wanted to do a straight trade with a stock 240sx. i was flippin when i saw that...i bet hes stressing with my wiring under the dash...

fuseboxralays.jpg