HybridZ

home stretch-my q45 diff!

1 tuff z

details-i had the fill/drain plugs, diff cover bolts and mount bolts all yellow zinc plated. diff cover was powdercoated, front diff mount was p'coated when it arrived-gunmetal color. the mustache bar, uprights and cross brace are all billet alum. i have [as you can see] done nothing with the diff itself, still covered in a layer of beautiful brown rust. dropped the stub axle companion flanges off to the plater today [had to beadblast them as they had a bunch of surface rust on them]. also had the axles plated-to keep them from rusting and so they'd look purty. before any points it out, the sway bar is hanging so i can get the driveshaft back in, then it'll be remounted and the fuel lines will tuck back in place...

You are right, that does look good....reminds me of my car!

Next winter when I pull it all down I can't wait to p-coat everything. When Jeff (JSM) cleaned up that diff a few weeks back and threw it on ebay...he gave me a few ideas.

Mark, yes he is running the stops from ross on his setup, so am I. I believe they were another $50 on top of the cost but def worht it. There is plenty of travel in the axle itself.

Clive

David, do you have a rubber washer between the front diff mount and the diff itself? I see you had the stock bolts replated, just wondering what you did at the bottom and top of the "ears" of the diff.

Clive

didn't replate them, just in good shape and purchased new nuts. i used the factory rubber/steel laminate washer b/w the mount & diff.

Mark, yes he is running the stops from ross on his setup, so am I. I believe they were another $50 on top of the cost but def worht it. There is plenty of travel in the axle itself.

Clive

Good to hear. It will save you some headaches down the line. I'm assuming you have them in the inner and outer CV's.