HybridZ

Gauges

BSD

I'm sure you'd like to have as big as you can get. Check out Guy80LT1's project page. He did a real nice job on installing Autometer gauges for the instrument and center clusters.

Interior...

*Autometer Phantom Series 5" Speedo and Tach

*Autometer Phantom Series 2 1/6" A/F ratio and Fuel leve gauges

*Autometer Phantom Series 2 5/8" Oil Pressure' date=' Voltmeter, and Water Temp gauges

*Customized cluster for the gauges with blue LED lights for turn signals and check engine linghts!

[/quote']

You can also fit 2 1/16" gages in the center cluster (or in a early RX7 gauge pod on the A-pillar). I replaced the OEM boost gauge with a Nordskod digital AFR. The stock gauge hole diameter is almost exactly 2 1/16". I just trimmed the bottom part of the factory hole to make it fit.

Hope this helped...

Later, -hughdogz

i like the defi gauges, what other manufactures are there for gauges other than defi and autometer?

Those are prosport gauges in the link, not actual Defi ones. Defi gauges are not cheap...the cheapest one is at least $200+ and then you need to also buy the control unit (from what I understand). http://www.jscspeed.com/universal/gauges/defi_bfseries_imp.htm

As far as gauges go, there are PLENTY more than Autometer and Defi, although those are some of the more popular ones. Just off the top of my head there is also VDO, Cyberdyne, ISSPRO, AEM, APEXi, Greddy, HKS, Innovate, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you are planning on getting the Prosport gauges (I know I am now) here is a shop that is local to me: http://www.machv.com/prosportgauges.html They offer a 10 percent discount on your order of prosport gauges if you order 3 or more. http://www.machv.com/prgacopa.html

I worked it out for the 4 gauges I'm getting (premium boost, premium oil pressure, premium water temp, 52mm oil temp) and it actually worked out cheaper than from the prosport website and I even have to pay tax since I am in state. Just another option. I'm going to pick up some of the gauges in person this or next week, I'll post some pretty pictures when I do.

They are a pretty well known Subuaru/DSM shop in the DC area and are pretty trustworthy from what I understand. My roommate has a WRX and swears by them.

have you guys checked out the megan racing gauges? theyre like $35 a piece, look and work amazing. on youtube search megan racing gauges. it should be the third one down labeled evo IX. quality of the video isnt great but it gets the job done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-LED-LIGHT-TURBO-BOOSTE-52MM-30PSI-METER-GAUGE-BAR_W0QQitemZ310042455709QQcmdZViewItem

not yet. soon though. all i know is megan makes a lot of very good parts for hondas (i know....laugh it up, im a true honda kid.) and for subarus. a buddy of mine bought a couple of these gauges but sent them back without ever installing them for some c2 cobalts. i never got to see them in person but i trust it.

so far i like the dfi gauges i am going to shell out for those i think but i all so like the look of the magans (still doing research on them) "linchpin360" displayed. i want something like that for my dash 3 pod cluster(defi or megan etc). for the instrument cluster i like what "80lt1" did on his however thats where i come to a small halt on guages. other than autometer i cant seem to find a decent looking speedometer unit, does anyone know who does speedos as well, most stop at the tach.:hs:

i want to keep a factor look with a all matching instrument cluster (80lt1 style). the 3 pod dash not so much, thats gonna be my wow factor for the dash board.