HybridZ

Wolf V500 and Meth Injection - Yep, works beautifully

ktm

I just finished up my installation and have started preliminary testing of my meth injection setup. I am using one of Wolf's AUXLS channels that has PWM capabilities to control the FJO Racing meth injector. My injection map is RPM and Load based, just like fuel injection. It works beautifully.

Secondly, I setup a failsafe so that the primary fuel and ignition map will switch automatically to the secondary map incase of a pump failure, clog, etc. The switching is seamless and the only way I know that my maps have switched is by an LED that I connected that informs me I am on the secondary map.

Meth Inj Map_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

From what I understand...not only does Bo have a "meth map" (just as configurable as a "conventional" fuel map) but when the meth pressure? drops below a certain point, it "automagically" goes back to the "fuel only" map.

I'm telling ya, the WOLF is bad-a$$ (in many regards) :icon44:

The car is running. It was running when you were here Mark, just not driveable because of clearance issues with my new wheels.

There is quite a bit of hp increase with meth injection, if you tune for it. Even right now, eventhough I am still tuning for meth, I can tell by the butt dyno that there is a bit of an increase.

• 7 months later...

Hello all,

a bit from left field here, but I have been looking for some information on the V500 ecus for a while and you guys seem to have the most info. I live in Australia and it is like Wolf EMS couldn't care.

Anyway

I want to setup a basic water/methanol injection setup to my celica Alltrac. I was wondering if you could give me some details of the setup you used on your car?

I just want to setup a basic one to begin with that starts the pump above a certain boost pressure. How would I configure the wolf to do this? Also what is the best circuit setup to drive the pump?

I assume I would have the wolf switching an auxiliary relay which would then switch the pump? if so how much can the v500 output relays handle?

sorry if this seems like a noob question.

EDIT: I just found your wiring/schematics thread and it has helped heaps thank you!!!! So I could set the pump up the same was as the fuel pump relay with the ECU dragging down the output to energize the relay?

cheers

• Administrators

I assume I would have the wolf switching an auxiliary relay which would then switch the pump?

Yes. See below.

if so how much can the v500 output relays handle?

If your asking about aux. channel output amperage, the simple answer is... not enough to power a pump.

Amperage breakdown per channel (yes, you can reassign ignition and injection channels to aux. duty)

Injector channels.... 10.2A peek w/2A hold

Ignition.... 2.2A

LS1 & LS2.... 2.2A

LS3.... 3A

LS4 trhough LS7.... 1A

All HL channels.... 1A

More than enough for automotive relay's (typically ~.250A), but not enough to direct drive a pump.

So I could set the pump up the same was as the fule pump relay with the ECU draggin down the output to enegise the relay?

Yes. Or you can use one of the HL channels and pull it high. Its up to you.

I just want to setup a basic one to begin with that starts the pump above a certain boost pressure. How would I configure the wolf to do this?

Here's an example...

First, determine which channel you want to use and wire it to a relay. Lets use Aux LS1

Second, go to CONTROL/GENERAL PURPOSE OUTPUTS/GENERAL PURPOSE OUTPUT 1, assign a name (not mandatory, just for reference), turn the activation to "On", and select the aux. channel you wish to control.

WolfAux1.jpg

Third, go to CONTROL/GENERAL PURPOSE OUTPUTS/GENERAL PURPOSE OUTPUT 1/GPO SWITCH POINT A, select Activation By: Boost (more on that in a bit), Switch Point: 2.4 PSI, Hysteresis: 1 PSI (boost must drop 1 PSI from the switchpoint, before pump will switch off, 1.4 PSI in this case), Output Polarity: normal. This means pin is off below the set threshold and on above it. Opposite polarity would turn the pin on below the switch point, and off above it.

WolfAux2.jpg

Back to Activated By... you can activate an output based on many different things. For example... RPM, engine temp, engine run time, battery voltage, any other Aux. channel, vehicle speed, throttle position, etc, etc, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

I was on the right track but you have just saved me a whole heap of stuffing round :)

Is there any reason why there is a lack of guides for the v500? is it just because it is a newer ecu? or are you just supposed to know these details.

cheers again

I want to setup a basic water/methanol injection setup to my celica Alltrac. I was wondering if you could give me some details of the setup you used on your car?

I am running two 700 cc/min FJO Racing (www.fjoracing.com ) methanol high speed solenoids. They are pulse-width modulated (PWM) controlled and fully mapped across RPM and manifold pressure.

I just want to setup a basic one to begin with that starts the pump above a certain boost pressure. How would I configure the wolf to do this? Also what is the best circuit setup to drive the pump?

I assume I would have the wolf switching an auxiliary relay which would then switch the pump? if so how much can the v500 output relays handle?

EDIT: I just found your wiring/schematics thread and it has helped heaps thank you!!!! So I could set the pump up the same was as the fuel pump relay with the ECU dragging down the output to energize the relay?

Ron answered this question beautifully. My methanol pump setup is just like Ron described and you hypothesized. I utilize a relay that Wolf pulls to ground based on boost pressure. As soon as the target boost is reached, Wolf energizes the methanol pump relay.

Ron, it is uncanny that you selected Output 7 as your example. Output 7 is what I am using to control my methanol pump relay. :) , except that I use Aux HL5 as my control channel.

s there any reason why there is a lack of guides for the v500? is it just because it is a newer ecu? or are you just supposed to know these details.

You only truly appreciate something if you have to work for it. ;)

Wolf's tech support is useless as you've found out. Ron was a great source of information for me while installing Wolf and I've had to teach myself everything else.

Just wait until you get to their Multicontroller outputs. Talk about confusing. I've finally figured those out and have devised a nice little 3 output rheostat box that will adjust fuel and timing on the fly. I am also using the multicontroller outputs to pull fuel and add timing based on methanol pressure.