HybridZ

Supra 440cc injectors getting too much fuel

milesz

I have looked and looked and could not find an answer to my question. I have a 83 280zx turbo, HSK fuel rail, and Surpa turbo injectors (440cc) and need advice on turning. I have been turning the afm and now it will stay crank but will die in about 5 minutes because of too much fuel. I am also using the stock FPR. What else do I need to do? What am I overlooking? I am at a lost and need some advice.

Thanks

Easiest way would be to get an after market ecu to properly adjust the fuel. You could probably rig something up with a rising rate FPR and run your psi really really low off boost. but that would not be the best way in my opinion

I concur, Running 440 CC injectors on the stock EFI is not going to be easy. Do you have a wideband on it to see how rich it is running? The only way to do it right is with a aftermarket ECU.

I tried this with GTR444 injectors. Using the stock ECU and a Apexi fuel control system will leave you with an overlap that can't be tuned out. I have the adjustable fuel regulator that can be set lower and I could up the boost but the car runs like crap at idle and you don't get very good consistent air fuel control from low to high RPM. I took the injectors back out and I'm going to get a full stand alone system one day.