HybridZ

Thanks Hybrid Z Forum!!!!

Zed2k

Hi all, I'd just like to say a big thanks to your site from here in the UK, as I have been a member on here for quite a while but never posted, I have a 73 240z which I have just fitted a L28 +40 overbore arizona Zcar pistons 2mm head gasket 60mm throttle body, 553cc injectors large intercooler and T04b Vtrim turbo with a stage 5 wheel to and am running Megasquirt 1 Extra Edis6 I had this running with the wastegate open to run it in and had covered 500miles then shut the wastegate engine boosts from about 2800rpm and was in the process of starting to tune with my LM-1 wideband I had only taken the engine to about 4000rpm and it was always on the rich side so all was good. when I started the car up the next morning I had a large puff of blue smoke from the exhaust whcih I thought was funny, then as it got hotter, it would smoke when the throttle was blipped, I thought the turbo seal had gone so made a 1mm reducer to the turbo oil feed, no difference, then after much head scratching and a good scan of HybridZ I can across a post which said after turning up the boost smoke from exhaust and the valve seals had come off!!

So out I went to the garage took off the valve cover and 2 seals were up the top of the valve stems I replaced these 2 seals and the smoke has Gone!!!!!

So thanks for the great info it's a great site and stopped my tearing down my turbo and getting nowhere, proper set of nissan valve seal on order. :burnout:

engine-zt_thumb.jpg

Side-240_thumb.jpg

syc-front_thumb.jpg

Yes I have searched Valve stem seals looks like alot of people are using Ford V6 seals which I might try if I have trouble again. The clocks gone and boost gauge in it's place, and yes the rear defrost don't work.

Don't worry, they never do :icon43:

Someone awhile ago linked a fan system that you could put into a speaker box under the rear window to act like a defroster...