HybridZ

Coil Blower - is it necessary?

PhilbertZ

Both zx never a problem. I have a bit of stumbling after a start up when the engine is only slightly warm. Stinks of fuel, I believe it is the cold start injector, w/o the air bybass engageing. When dead cold no problem. THis has nothing to do with the fan.

• 3 weeks later...
now my question is...

is there a way to get it to run constantly while the car is on? That may be more useful.

Why, it would just blow hot air back on to the injectors, plus the radiator fan pushes more air over them then that little thing ever could. I ran my car in Phoenix for two years without it and never had a problem, even when driving hard enough that my exhaust manifold is glowing orange.

Ditch it. It's a waste of weight. Waste of electricity. Waste of a good looking valve cover. Waste of clutter.

My engine takes a couple of turn overs if the engine is still hot and I try to just put the key in and turn it on. If I wait a few seconds for the fuel pump to get pressure to the fuel rail I NEVER have a problem with the car starting right up. And I have a turbo heating up the fuel rail, and it's STILL not a problem.

Remove it and don't regret it. If you're worried about the deposits as mentioned before (which shouldn't be a problem on today's fuel) then run some injector cleaner every couple of months, that stuff is cheap insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
now my question is...

is there a way to get it to run constantly while the car is on? That may be more useful.

I have an electric radiator fan, and I had the aux cooling fan wired into the same controller as the radiator fan. But, I recently removed it since I didn't feel any benefits worth it. I may put it back on later this year for a week-long Z-club drive I'm going on.