HybridZ

Engineering students, help a fellow student out.

xxjoeyxxeb

Hey guys,

I know there are a few ME's out here. I'm in Thermodynamics II and they switched the book on us so no one has the solutions for it. As you all know it is much easier to learn with them. Does anyone have the solutions for "Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics 6th edition" by Moran and shapiro.

Thanks!

Joe

Where do yall go to school? Im an Aerospace student at the University of Texas at Arlington. Any advice? I'm just about to finish up my first year, and have taken a beat down by my classes..but i'm making it through. I've got chem1, physics 1, cal 1, english 1, physics II, cal II, Statics (MAYBE), english II. I study so much but its still a beast.

Cal Poly: SLO. 4th year ME, got another 2-2.5 to finish and get masters. Classes don't get any easier, you mainly get used to the roughness and figure out how to study and do everything. Teachers are a HUGE factor so make sure you dont take the sh!tt-E ones.

At my school they call it material science, which btw I think is a wicked degree. Really interesting and a ton of stuff you could do with it, especially now.

As far as engineering school goes, at my school and most Ive looked at you have yer basic engineering degrees:

Mechanical/Aerospace

Civil

Chemical

Electrical

Industrial (for girls ;) )

Textile (also for girls ;) )

Bio-Medical Engineering (one of the hardest programs at my school)

Then anything else such as Automotive Engineering is usually a grad program. Im hoping to go on to get my Automotive Engineering Masters as Clemson, but I havent made up my mind yet.

One book for all of you Mech Eng students out there that helped me get through school was "Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual" by Linbeburg, also get the solution manual. I really simplifies the subjects. You will need it anyway for studying for you PE down the road.

One book for all of you Mech Eng students out there that helped me get through school was "Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual" by Linbeburg, also get the solution manual. I really simplifies the subjects. You will need it anyway for studying for you PE down the road.

What sort of stuff is contained in said book?

Every thing from math, eng econ, fluids, thermo, statics, dynamics, heat transfer, machine design, material science and ETC. It covers all of your eng. classes. Look in your book store to get an idea. There are some on half.com starting at around $6 plus shipping.

dont forget about the cermanic engineers...lol...us M.E. and C.E. joke on each other all day in the glass industry...good times...college doesnt mean much anymore but a peice of paper...remember to do internships in the summers. Thats the key! i know many MEs,EE even a bio E that dont have jobs or decent jobs becuase they had no work expereince coming out of college.