HybridZ

found something in cylinder #1 after honing

cholag

Hahaha I am glad someone laughed, I will think of something real funny to spray paint on the block just for you man. And I will get that block sonic tested or find a place that does it Monday morning. Also can I get some pocket change for that block?

Why don't you take one of your old pistons, with the rings on it, and pull or push it thru the bore. See if there are any tight spots where the rings pass over the light areas. If you have, or can borrow, some suitable scales, you can measure the force required to pull a piston thru, and see if there's an increase. Wipe a light coat of oil on the bore first. Some engine builders do this to measure ring drag, and it will help tell if you have a problem.

Can you run your finger over it and feel a dimple?

jt

Alright, I ran my finger over that spot numerous times and I didn't feel a thing, then I put some 5w-30 on the cylinder wall and on the piston. I moved it up and down and it was smooth, it didn't catch anywhere on that spot.

Can I buy magnaflux or whatever, would I have to go to an engine shop to have it done?

Hahaha I am glad someone laughed, I will think of something real funny to spray paint on the block just for you man. And I will get that block sonic tested or find a place that does it Monday morning. Also can I get some pocket change for that block?

ya, i loled at that too....

is it really that difficult to find an F54 block where you are?

Alright, so I took the block to the machine shop, when the guy saw it he said it should be fine and he did that magnaflux stuff and he said there is no cracks. Then I took it to my high school auto teacher and he is ASE certified in engine rebuilding, he said it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes it is very hard to find z stuff in Michigan! The Michigan salt kills our cars and you would be surprised to see a z here, if anyone ever wants to sell there z for a lot come here and sell it. I just saw a 77 280z 2+2 stock on the way to the machine shop and the guy wanted 2200 firm for it. Also the only other turbo z I have seen was in the junk yard, where I just recently got my BW T5 from, for $60:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:. Another one that I saw was a 82 280zx N/A stock and the guy wanted $2500 for it and I have had people come up to me and ask if I am selling my car when I used to drive it last summer.