HybridZ

First time to the track! Broke it!!

DSCN0785.jpg

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

th_DSCN0782.jpg

Say goodbye to that 31 year old Right side axle U-joint!!

Best was an 8.3 @ 84mph, that was leaving like a granny, spinning through most of second and not focusing on shifting...

Its going back up on jackstands, and getting coilovers, illuminas, sectioning struts, camber plates, new axle, installing the Walbro, re-shooting the paint because of some bad spots that arised after paint, cleaning up and possibly painting the engine bay, lots of stuff to come in the future..

Heres a vid of me vs an 07 STi :P

th_DSCN0772.jpg

:mrgreen:

Dude,

Did the same thing myself my first time out here in Washington. Broke the drivers side half-shaft universal which then proceeded to tear out the brake line, rip out the e-brake cable, and the beat the h*** out of the caliper. Good thing it happened on the 1-2 shift and not the 3-4.

Yeah, I dont think any other shift would have done it, the launch probably wasn't turning it fast enough to put major strains on it, but the 1-2 shift with the stock suspension and blown right rear strut... it squats excessively. the 2-3 shift I doubt would make it squat near as hard.