HybridZ

2jz31 Na-t

StreetFighter

Derek (DLC) is looking, I imagine, for 900 rwhp. He's pretty familiar with the 2JZ + turbo stuff. Having seen his previous projects, this new car he picked up will be one to watch :wink:

SF - what stall are you intending to run with the 67BB turbo.. I have continued to run a 4200 stall since I put the motor in the car, and didn't require nitrous to spool the turbo until I went from a T-72 p-trim w/ a .81 a/r housing to a 76mm w/ a .81 a/r housing. Just some food for thought...

BTW, very nice work :)

Mike

I'd like to see a 9.xxx @13X.XXmph, but I doubt I can do that on boost alone. I'm guessing I'll see a mid/low 10 at 28psi.

In the end all I need is a fun street/strip car. I don't need creature comforts, I don't need a pretty car, I don't need to break any records, I just need a 9.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, the internals of the GE and GTE arequally as strong (and both use cast pistons). The GE head has smaller intake ports and larger exhaust ports (opposite of what you need for a turbo setup) so they typically don't make as much power as the GTE, but for $300 I couldn't say no to the GE. I have a Boostlogic NA-T kit, and it fits beautifully. I had to slightly modify the downpipe and fab intercooler pipes, but everything else was bolt-on.

I'm using a Boostlogic built toyota auto, T67 DBB, AEM EMS, 75 shot of N2O, the engine is stock other than a 2.5mm head gasket and ARP head studs, and the Z is a very rare hardtop. I would like to see a 9.9xx @135+mph on spray and somewhere in the mid 10s at 128ish on C16.

I get the transmission back tomorrow, so it should be running by this weekend. Having access to all of boostlogic's and performance motorsports' tools, lifts, and fabrication equipment has been a blessing. I started the project less than a month ago, and I have been stuck for two weeks waiting on the transmission. I have a few wiring odds and ends, a driveshaft has to be made, exhaust system, transmission lines, and a few minor tasks left to do. If I would have had all the parts from the begining, I think I could have done it from start to finish in 28 days, all while working my normal job 10-6 M-F.

according to FSR motorsports, the GE head flows better...email them and ask them if you don't believe me. i didn't believe it either until i emailed them

FYI - I watched SF work on this car this weekend and I actually heard it run and move around the property a bit. IT SOUNDS SICCKKKK!!! Way better than any Z31 or most cars I've heard. (I did see some late-model Ferrari next door driving around the parking lot... that might have sounded a bit better ;) )

He's driven it about 15 miles now.

He's got a few things left to hook up and some bugs to work out, but I don't doubt it'll be moving very quickly on a mild tune within the week. He's done great work on it.

SF - what stall are you intending to run with the 67BB turbo.. I have continued to run a 4200 stall since I put the motor in the car, and didn't require nitrous to spool the turbo until I went from a T-72 p-trim w/ a .81 a/r housing to a 76mm w/ a .81 a/r housing. Just some food for thought...

BTW, very nice work :)

Mike

I am using the NA supra auto, so my only torque converter option was a pro-torque unit (2800-3000rpm) I would like something higher, but it's primary purpose is a street car, and I'm still happy with it. It's lazy off the line without the anti-lag or nitrous, but I have both of those to lean back on at the track.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if StreetFighter is intending to post here again so I'll go ahead and do it for him.

After some bugs were worked out of the system, he's putting down 399rwhp through the auto tranny on pump gas (93 octane here) and 502rwhp on 109 octane, I believe.

He may or may not have kicked some serious butt the other night.

I completely destroyed a 2.6 kenne bell 2003 cobra making 640whp' date=' a pulley'd and bolt-on 03 cobra on mickey thompsons, an LS2 6.0L turbo GTO (600whp), some sort of 600cc sportbike from a 20 roll, a built heads/cam nitrous mustang (11.2 @ 123) and my buddy with a 71mm NA-turbo supra.

The best runs were the GTO and the supra. The GTO traps 128-129mph, and I put 4-5 carlengths on him from a 40 roll. The supra traps 131-133 and I got him by a car from 60-130

I pretty much just railed on everyone out there. I wish I would have raced the fully built procharged C5 corvette, but these stock brakes are a total joke. I was scared to get it past 140, and it gets there really fast. This car can pull litre bikes, I'll bet money on it.[/quote']

Actually got to see this car a in person, was there the night he first drove it home.

Seriously wicked set up.

I work across the street from StreetFighter and see his car take off pretty much every night now. Sounds awesome even when he's goin easy on it.

• 4 months later...

Holy Moly!

That's all I kept saying over and over again when I got a ride in this thing a couple nights ago. I have never been in another car this fast. The only thing I've been in/on that is faster is a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14, and that would be a close race at the drag strip. I don't know about a roll-on, but that would be very close, too, I'm sure.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so is streetfighter running 28psi on bone stock GE with just aftermarket headgasket and arp studs? thats awsome. im might be considering that route instead of the gte. for the price, the ge can be pretty dangerous with that extra cash invested. i just hate that ugly distributor hanging on the side! lol.

Nice work man.We are in the process of swapping a 2jzgte into our 84 zx as well.Started work on it last year but progress is slow.Currently the engine is in the car,that's about it.

I will make a thread on it some time soon.

Thanks to Z-Gad for all the info on his build.