HybridZ

could this be the RB26 engine solution?

mattyice

Eagle rods are cap screw. The bolts don't press in. They have dowels for alignment, the bolts screw in from the cap. Just like Pauter, Carrillo, Crower, etc. etc.

Seriously, soemone who has used or even seen the rod and knows what they're doing could never make this up. To come to this conclusion, you either...

1. Don't have a clue as to what you're looking at.

2. Have never seen it, and are just passing BS You read on the Internet.

In either case, I would recommend staying away from that machine shop.

I do, however, have another Fram oil filter failure that cost an engine it's life... Too bad the thread is closed.

ahhhh come one. it's not his fault if that's what the dude told him. that's why he asked. :-|

ahhhh come one. it's not his fault if that's what the dude told him. that's why he asked. :-|

And that's why it's not directed at him, but at the machine shop. They claim it distorts the mating faces when Eagle presses in the bolts... The bolts don't press in. That means the Machine shop is full of it; they either don't know what they're looking at or they've never seen them and are just regurgitating BS.

I know a bunch of people that run Eagles with no issues, but for awhile they did have that negative image, but I think it was due to a bad batch like a lot of manufacturers run into during their product life. In my last built motor I ran Pauter rods and CP pistons and loved them but I am not sure what I will be using for my upcoming RB30... seems like options are pretty darn limited there.

SPOOL rods and CP pistons for the RB's are a winning and proven combination in Australia.No denying that Carrillos and Pauters have the reputation but SPOOLs have held together in some big hp low et RB powered cars

You can usually get the rods for about $800,I got my set for $600 unused.I scour the forums for new unused parts....CP's go for $800-$1000 usually

(all $ are AU)