HybridZ

Best spot for Autometer oils pressure sensor ?

Canadianz

Hi guys,

I have an RB25Det, which is almost done, my brother and I were wondering where the best place on the RB block is to get an accurate oil pressure reading as we want to hook up our autometer gauge. The stock oil pressure sensor is still hooked up, does it send information to the ECU or is it just for the dash ? If its just for the dash then problem solved. I was just leary of removing it if it actually sent data to the ecu on how the car runs. We thought about T-eeing off the oil input to the turbo but again wondered about an accurate signal due to the restrictor etc. Any input ?

Thanks

Chris and Rob

I would say replace the stock sender location. if it goes thru the ECU... it just goes thru it to maybe light a light or something nothing important if you are going to be running a gage anyways

I 2nd that. I replaced me factory oil pressure unit with an autometer sending unit. I have never had any problems with it. I can get a 1/8 bspt to 1/8 npt adapter for you if you would like. They are close to 5 usd each.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow hey thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I was just worried that for some weird reason I was going to mess up an ecu signal or something. The wiring is almost done now and I have the dash in, just had one of those hmmmmm moments.