HybridZ

r180 on 81-83 5spd

HayaiZ

I'm sure this has been done before, I was just wondering what kind of mpg the people who have done it are getting. I know that the r180 isn't as strong as the r200, but I'm not planning on racing my Z.

It's a f54/p90a combo (possible larger turbo, EFI on standalone) going into a '74 260Z, so I'm planning on leaving the stock differential in there and swapping in the 5spd.

Also, I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but isn't the flange on the r180 different from the flange on transmission. Is that true as well?

Like mentioned in another thread, a properly tuned Z with standalone can get 30 mpg, even with 100-400 hp. I don't see a real need to use the R180, but it would increase gas mileage.

Even without it, as long as you leave your foot out of the firewall and don't run rich, you'll get good mileage.

My 81 AUTO ( 3-speed with NO overdrive ) got about 23 mpg at 75 mph.

I was around 4100 RPM, and still got that kind of mileage, and the car sat for 3 years.

That car HAS the R180.

What kind of mileage were you looking for anyways?

Yay! ^_^

I knew this place would be awesome! ~_^

That's what I was concerned about, since I have an hour commute to school! @_@;;; I need the best gas mileage I can get! I also read that some of the guys here running on Megasquirt are getting 25+ so maybe I can get my tech savvy friends to tune that for me! xD

Power aim is about 300hp, I'm not sure what the torque rating would be with 300hp, or what affects the torque. >.>

Like mentioned in another thread, a properly tuned Z with standalone can get 30 mpg, even with 100-400 hp. I don't see a real need to use the R180, but it would increase gas mileage.

Even without it, as long as you leave your foot out of the firewall and don't run rich, you'll get good mileage.

My 81 AUTO ( 3-speed with NO overdrive ) got about 23 mpg at 75 mph.

I was around 4100 RPM, and still got that kind of mileage, and the car sat for 3 years.

That car HAS the R180.

What kind of mileage were you looking for anyways?

Wow~ I wish my Camry got that mpg right now! Especially since it's supposed to be some economy car! >.< I get 300mi to 15gal... that's terrible! I have to fill up twice a week! So I'm hoping to have a really gunner when he's done! Power and efficiency, aren't the Zs all that and a bag o' chips!