HybridZ

RB25DET NEO Max Boost?

Hello, I was wondering a RB25DET NEO with the following upgrades can run at what MAX BOOST SAFELY. I don't want to run the chance of blowing my motor again.....This will be goin in my 75 280Z

Nismo N1 Water Pump

Nismo N1 Oil Pump

HKS Metal Head Gasket

HKS Timing Belt

Manual Boost Controller

480CC Injectors

255 Walboro fuel pump

GReddy Intake Manifold

Q45 Throttle Body

Intercooler

Blow Off Valve

Aluminum Raditor w/16" electric fan

Garrett T3/T4 Turbocharger

Tuned Stock ECU? (Still researching to see if this can be tuned)

I'm actually aiming for 15lbs but this might be able to do more? Can you help me out with the numbers without a tuned ECU and one with? Thanks

Looks like you have a decent build.... BUT if you cant get into the computer and see what its tuned for or retune it chances are you will blow it again. The only way to 100% be sure your tune is right is to be able to look at it on a dyno BEFORE you start hammering it on the road. I would recommend going with larger injectors also. You can tune bigger injectors to run decent at idle but you cant tune smaller injectors to put out more fuel then they can.

My 2 cents

Whoo hoo, I got an answer. well...sort of but good enough. The reason why I am getting a 480cc injector is because Deatchworks has them as a direct replacement. so less work dealing with a new fuel rail and fuel lines. I'll consider bigger injectors though (Better safe than sorry). As for the ecu I agree. Without a proper tune it will only run at whatever the manufacturer has set it up for (it can't compensate for all the changes without a proper tune). Anything after that risks the chance of my engine going boom for the THIRD time lol. I guess i'll start looking around and see if there are any shops that can tune it with a dyno. Keep the help coming. More info is always better than none. Thanks for the help. Any chance you guys know what these engine redline at? I've been told 8500RPM but when i look at cluster pictures they are at 7000RPM. Also when looking at the specs max horsepower is at 6400RPM (Although redline averages about 1-2000 higher)

Unless you already have purchaced the 480cc injectors, Deatchworks also offers 550, 650, 740, and 810 cc injectors. We're using the 550 cc versions which cost about $40 more per set than the 480cc units. Just something to think about. As Stoney said "You can tune bigger injectors to run decent at idle but you cant tune smaller injectors to put out more fuel then they can".

The injectors you speak of are for the R33 & R32 Rb25DET. They are not for the NEO version of the RB25DET Deatchwerks only carry the 380, 440cc, 600cc, 850cc for the motor that i will be using. Although my motor is a RB25DET it's a different version. It came out of the R34 and not R32 or R33. most likely i will end up getting the 600cc one and rebuild my turbo. Currently looking for a shop that can tune my stock ecu..Once tuned i should be able to run 15psi safely (hopefully). Then it will be time for the interior.

Just my 2 cents.... if your just beginning in the game of modification i would recommend going with some sort of standalone. If you find someone that can tune the stock ecu its not going to be cheap and it you make any changes ... well back to that specific tuner. where with a standalone, wide band and data logger you can basically turn your car into a rolling dyno.