HybridZ

vintage J-pipe

ben280zx

I'd like to get ahold of that, the only problem I see is well it's setup for a blowoff valve, there's no port to run a line from the J-pipe to the air regulator. I guess you'd have to T-off the spot on the pipe for the blow-off?

...there's no port to run a line from the J-pipe to the air regulator. I guess you'd have to T-off the spot on the pipe for the blow-off?

Not necessarily, you could get ahold of a throttle body like a vintage Weber that has provisions to connect pre and post (two places) throttle plate. Then you wouldn't even have to mess with the J-Pipe.

weber_tb2.jpg

weber_tb3.jpg

Although I think it would be pretty simple to spotface part of the BAE emboss (where the material is thickest) then tap in a fitting...

This might sound stupid but what is a j-pipe for?

It's the pipe that routes the compressed air from the turbo into the throttle body. It is in the shape of a "J", thus the name.

It is fine for low boost levels where the compressed air isn't heated much. But at higher boost levels, an intercooler is usually needed between the compressor and TB to return the heated air back to ambient temperature as much as possible.