HybridZ

LS1 w/ S480 Turbo...

I Have a s471 and I didnt have enough room for a front mount. I'm on my third design for the turbo because the first design didnt look so nice. The second design i made up had the turbo sticking out of the hood a bit and i didnt have enough room for downpipe. I'm running this on the street so i didnt want the down pipe running like he has it because of underhood temps. So now i've got the radiator mounted forward like he does and got rid of my a/a intercooler with the turbo mounted low and i'm going to run a water/meth kit. That turbo is just so fricking big anywhere i put it i ran into problems so i just decided to get rid of the intercooler and i can mount it low with a straight shot to the carb. This thing has gave me alot of headaches but i think it'll look alot nicer with the third design. At least i got alot better at welding and fabricating pipes. I'll post some picks when i'm finished. I only had to order one more 90 with from the chaning of designs so hopefully that comes this week and i'll be done. It's good experience thats for sure. Anyone want an a/a intercooler? haha.

As for the push lok hose, Im a real big fan of the stuff in most cases.

Same here, I really like the stuff. I like the earl's hose ends better, but the aeroquip and earl's hose have both served me well.

Nice build, it's a monster for sure.

Front suspension is all stock with 15x3.5" weld drag lites. Came off a mustang I had a while back. wheels are turned all the way to the right though so I can access the back of the fender.

Here is how they sit when straight

S1050322.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yeah its up for sale. Its easy to get burned out when you got 3 years into something and it isnt quite done the way you want.

On the flip side I am still working on it and have had any offers come my way that I couldnt say no to yet . Just made an order for more parts and if I finish the car then Im sure it will be off the market for quite a while.

Yeah its up for sale. Its easy to get burned out when you got 3 years into something and it isnt quite done the way you want.

On the flip side I am still working on it and have had any offers come my way that I couldnt say no to yet . Just made an order for more parts and if I finish the car then Im sure it will be off the market for quite a while.

Hey, we know how it goes. I've built about 8 cars to varying degrees just in the last 8 years, so I feel ya. They're right, though. Just get a ride in a nasty turbo car and you'll be hot to finish it. I've learned to do cars in stages so I can drive it every so often, but some steps can't be reduced beyond a certain length of time. There's always that urge to see what else is out there, though. :-)