HybridZ

Finally got me a new bike!! Bite me gas prices!!

Slammed68

Although riding a motorcycle may not be the best choice for everyone, it works out great for me. I ride my motorcycle everyday as my commuter vehicle, rain or shine, at least 50 miles a day. It used to be 100 miles a day, but I got a job closer to home a few years ago. I have a 94 Honda ST1100 and it has around 160K miles on it and it still runs great with somewhere around 45 miles to the gallon. All I do is change the oil and tires, and it runs like a top. The only thing I had to replace was the rear end a while back.

One thing that really makes using a motorcycle a great choice for me is time. By being able to use the carpool lane, splitting lanes, and getting to ride in toll lanes for free - I save somewhere around 30 minutes to an hour each way.

Beautiful bike (except the noted plate bracket ) have fun, be careful.The whole gas mileage thing is bigger than just whatever we as individuals save.We need to lower our overall consumption as a nation. At least thats how I'm trying to justify getting an S2000 for a DD.

Although riding a motorcycle may not be the best choice for everyone, it works out great for me. I ride my motorcycle everyday as my commuter vehicle, rain or shine, at least 50 miles a day. It used to be 100 miles a day, but I got a job closer to home a few years ago. I have a 94 Honda ST1100 and it has around 160K miles on it and it still runs great with somewhere around 45 miles to the gallon. All I do is change the oil and tires, and it runs like a top. The only thing I had to replace was the rear end a while back.

One thing that really makes using a motorcycle a great choice for me is time. By being able to use the carpool lane, splitting lanes, and getting to ride in toll lanes for free - I save somewhere around 30 minutes to an hour each way.

I was the same way with my SV. Rode it heat/rain/shine/cold(to 40°) everywhere I wanted to go... until September 12th, 2007, thanks to a kid in a Bimmer that destroyed my wrist and my bike :( It was at least 1000 miles/month before that.

Beautiful bike (except the noted plate bracket ) have fun, be careful.The whole gas mileage thing is bigger than just whatever we as individuals save.We need to lower our overall consumption as a nation. At least thats how I'm trying to justify getting an S2000 for a DD.

S2000's don't get good gas mileage last I checked. They're so revvy that they consume a lot of gas. You'd get better gas mileage with a LS1'd S2000 :)

EDIT: found a S2000 mpg link - http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/noframes/15607.shtml

S2000 just aren't comfortable hahaha isn't that a requirement for a DD?

And I just feel safer knowing if I lose my balance or something backing the bike up or something i can catch myself with more firm footing. I sat on my friends Gsx-r and I can ahave both feet touching with the balls of my feet. I figure that's semi-secure. The bike I'm riding know I can sit flat footed which is really nice :D it's just slower than my Rx7 and doesn't like idling =/

I've seen plenty of people who are under your height and learn to tiptoe when necessary, and lean the bike over at other times. Also, you can lower the bike and/or the seat, if necessary.

There's a young woman who leaves for work every morning about the same time I do. She rides a Suzuki (600, I think), and wears full leathers, purple and pink. Long reddish hair in ponytail. She's small, too, and when she comes to a stop has to stretch *way* down to get her tippy-toes to the ground. There's a certain - mmm, "shape" - she makes when she stretches. Visible from the rear. Mmm, shape. This is why I'm not sure what kind of bike it is.

Just sayin'.

thanks for burstin me bubble. I thought the S2k got around 27 mpg's...guess I gotta do some more research.

The 2000 Honda S2000 was rated at 20/26

The 2007 Honda S2000 was rated at 20/26

Most people, from what I've heard, average around 22-24mpg.

But when you realize that the car isn't all that light for being a roadster 2800+ and that it's getting 120hp per liter in 2000, that it's not that bad on the efficiency front.

You'd be hard pressed to find ANY production car made right now that gets 240+ hp NATURALLY ASPIRATED that gets better MPG. But that doesn't mean 24mpg is good.