HybridZ

wiring JCI speedo cable x-box....

how in the heck do you wire this thing up to stock speedo on a 75 280z with a LS1....hum....

installation book says...BLACK= negetive on coil and must be grounded

RED= +power source when ignition on

WHITE= positive on coil

my motor has 8 coils...wtf....how is hooking this to the coil gonna read speed.

is the white wire suppose to be hooked to the VSS on the ECM?????

i even called up John@ JCI...he didn't how the f##k to wire up this thing too..

i mean why are you gonna sell something...when you can't give info how to install it...I CAN'T BELIEVE JCI...i'm pretty pissed off at his reply to me....

if i can't get the speedo cable x-box to work with stock speedo....i will send it back to JCI and get a full refund $280.00

in the mean time ..... any info on how to wire up this thing would be appreciated....

havent actually wired mine in but as far as i could tell was going to wire black to earth red to positive power feed from ignition side of switch and white wire to speed sensor in gearbox got guy who did wiring loom mods to identify speed sensor wire from gearbox

mick

Basic requirements is power from your battery to run the little motor in the CableX box, input from the electronic pickup in the transmission, and a ground. Don't understand the coil requirement unless somehow the hook-up instructions for the speedometer have been confused with the tachometer.