HybridZ

My LS1 swap

So after i saw you guys commenting my thread i decided to go work on the z. I finally found a hose to loop the heater hookups but i have run into a coolant leak. It is on the jtr radiator. Here is a pic

PICT0473.jpg

(the plastic part that has the bolt in it)

It doesnt seem to be threaded on the inside but it was hard for me to tell with the green coolant in the way. Is something supposed to go there? Has anybody ran into this? Thanks for the info guys!

Kevin

It doesnt seem to be threaded on the inside but it was hard for me to tell with the green coolant in the way. Is something supposed to go there? Has anybody ran into this?

Kevin

I think mine has a coolant level sensor or something installed there. That's really odd to just be plugged by a bolt like that.

A bolt in that hole can cause problems . The coolant sensor that goes in the hole is a push in type with an o ring on it. Inspect carefully to ensure no damage was caused to the flange by the threads of the bolt. If so clean well and put a little sealant on the o ring before installing the sensor.

You may want to consider a shroud for your radiator & fan . You will get better cooling with one.

Did the coolant sensor come with the jtr radiator? If so then mine didn't come with one. I put that bolt there just to stop the leaking but its quite smaller than the hole so im pretty sure i didn't damage anything.

Been a while since I put things together. The sensor is available at any GM dealer . Part #3055285 @ $ 8.27 . Its not really a sensor as much it is a ground probe .