HybridZ

Max tire size on a stock non turbo rim

What is the max rear tire I can fit on then non turbo 14x6 rim? I'm looking to put on a 225 60 14 but I need to know if it will rub.

tbs

I'm pretty certain I ran those tires many years ago on my 280ZX. But that was before I had the vehicle lowered and you didn't mention anything about that. I run 215/60 R14s. I personally don't really need to worry that much about traction, at least not to that extent, and I prefer to push a lighter tire down the road.

Hopefully others will 2nd what I said about the 225s working.

I had that same size tire ( 225/60 14) on my stock ZX 14 X 6 wheels and had no problems. The car was stock ride height at the time, but I don't see much difference between the 14's and the 16's I have now in tire height.

Aaron

I have 225/60R14 bfg radial t/a's. There are no rubbing issues, but I would not recommend going with the biggest tire you can fit unless you only plan to go in straight lines. My car now rocks side to side quite a bit it turns, and just makes it feel sloppy. Not only that, but they don't look much bigger than the previous 205's.

Thanks for the input guys I've been meaning to get different rims for a while but being in college right now I don't have that kind of cash. I'm only getting two new tires because a bad alignment had trashed the front two tires so I figured a little more meat and I would move them to the rears. I think I'm going to go with a 215 60 14 Drag Radial since this would be the most cost effective way to increase grip based on my current budget.

tbs

how much extra are you spending on drag radials? LSD is a cost effective way of getting more grip from the rears, permanently, and it works with any power level, and any wheel/tire size... if youre running stocker now an R180 would keep you in contact with the asphalt, even though it is a downgrade in size... just trying to think cheap.

Limited Slip is NOT just for the big boys! If a pair of drag radials for the rears last a year, and cost $200, then an $800 LSD is only four years worth of tires for superior performance with ANY tire.

Just a Thought!

Guest wittynamessuck

This is my first post on this board, so I should start with something I know.

I run 245/60/14's with no issue. I have great traction going straight, ut as soon as I have to turn my rear end gets funny.

Not advising you to, as 245/60/14's are expensive and hard to find (I work at a tire shop and I have the only two on my car that have come through). New I am looking at $90 my cost.

So, just as I say to people about to put 20's on their corolla... think about the first time you will have to go buy tires for it.

To sum it up... go with 15's if you can, 14's are being fased out (along with some 15's).