HybridZ

pdk fabrication fiberglass dash

turbostroker

Thanks Mark, looks great in your car. I assume there are no mounting backets at all on the back of the dash, do you have any pictures of the installation?

No pics. I just made some aluminum tabs that mount to the stock points just under the windshield and the dash rests on them. I used some duez fasteners here.

At the console area I cut off the parts on the stock dash that connects to the trans tunnel and resused these on the pdk dash.

For the mounting points near the doors and the bottom of the dash I used zip ties.

For the mounting points near the doors and the bottom of the dash I used zip ties.

nice. there is more than one way to install that. never thought about good ol zips. mine will be attached to the cage with dzus like in the pdk install pics. not close to istall yet but getting there. the fit and finish look very good. the packaging that it came in was questionable at best though. the dash did survive the shipping just fine but it looked like it had been through the opening scene of "ace ventura pet detective".

jimbo

The only place you'll have to get creative is where the dash meets the windshield. The PDK dash also replaces the trim piece that fits between the stock dash and the windshield.

For the trans tunnel mounts, I cut those pieces off the stock dash and used a rivet and epoxy to mount thouse and it worked very well.

For the mounts near the fresh air vents, just drill a couple of holes in the dash and use some nuts and bolts.

My car has a cage and bars right on the A pillars so I had to cut the ends of the dash off and then reattach them. It turned out OK but I hated cutting up such a nice piece.