HybridZ

What is interesting on for sale posts...

dhp123166

Funny thing,

While perusing for sale posts on HybridZ, it appears that there are always a ton of responses, but they always seem to be about anything

other than buying; " great (insert product name), or " I wish I had the money ", or " Will you trade? ".

I can just picture the sellers saying to themselves, " Does anyone buy

anything anymore? "...

I've been trying to offload my old L28 and 5-speed for more than a month now. I get lots of 'Will you sell this or that part?' ...NO! I am selling a motor and trans! That's all the ad is for. I'm not delivering it halfway across the planet, either.

Grumblemuttersomethingaboutflakes...

I also find alot of buyers are blowing smoke. "Ill have the money soon, ill paypal you tonight!" and then "oh, sorry I dont want it..."

Its really annoying.

Hey! I didn't do that! By the way, I received the stuff in good order. Haven't really looked hard at them as I've been pretty busy.

I've been trying to offload my old L28 and 5-speed for more than a month now. I get lots of 'Will you sell this or that part?' ...NO! I am selling a motor and trans! That's all the ad is for. I'm not delivering it halfway across the planet, either.

Grumblemuttersomethingaboutflakes...

I've had EXACTLY the same problem.... "no, I will not sell you my windshield - the ad says engine and transmission related parts only!" :fmad:

I have worked retail...and yes, the idiocy is astounding. It's amazing what sort of questions and requests you get when you've got a wall full of firearms behind you.

...then there's the deactivated display pieces. NO, you cannot re-activate it, it will not fire ammunition, you cannot re-drill the plugged chamber to take smaller ammo, it's been de-activated to BATF specifications so it will never fire again.

This was in a military antique shop that sold deactivated guns and antique firearms that were not considered live gun by law.

No, we're not a gun shop, we will not take your stock blank and re-produce an 1860s Enfield buttstock to replace the one on your friend's rifle that you broke while you were horsing around with it...especially since you didn't bring the old one in to work from.

No, we do not sell live smoke grenades. No, we do not sell 00 buckshot for home defense. No, we do not have any used Zyklon-B canisters and we never have and never will, go try to re-enact Falling Down somewhere else. No, we do not have claymores, used or new. No, we will not find or sell you switchblades. No, we will not sell you a set of brass knuckles. No, we are not Nazis, the sign on the wall that you walked past to get in here clearly stated that the items on sale are purely for collector purposes and we hold no political sympathies with any regimes portrayed, past or present.

People suck.

My favorite is a potential customer who talked to me for a 1/2 hour about which Tokico shocks and springs to put on his 240Z and then says he's going to buy them from JDMWerks on eBay because the whole kit is $20 cheaper. And then, two weeks later, the guy calls back wanting some phone help installing the parts! :fmad:

Let me guess, you didnt help him?

I politely referred him to the vendor who sold him the kit. Later that day I saw a post here and on Classic Z Cars asking lots of questions about installing springs and shocks. I somehow missed replying to those threads. :icon45:

Ive had similar things happen, selling something and the person says theyre really interested and asks questions about how I made it, what the secrets are... etc. I tell them because they seem like theyre going to buy it than they say "sorry, found something else". Now they know how to make it and I havent sold anything.

I've never been afraid to tell people how I do things, from suspension setups, alignments, dimensions on fabricated parts, etc. Even when I was a partner in a software company we freely explained our algorithms, models, etc. to our customers and sales prospects.

99% of the people out there can't make something work even if given detailed instructions. They are usually missing one of the following: patience, determination, or resources. People that steal ideas are looking for a quick score and you can usually outlast them with very little effort. Once they hit a tough spot they bail and look for the next quick score.