HybridZ

Drifting set-up

I personally still like the vg30et over everything(thinking about selling my l28 crap and putting a vg in my s30... The l28 has nice power but if you want 50/50 weight dist. I think a v6 would be good, and it has a ton of torque stock, plus you can use the TT trans which is strong. my 85 300zx has no problem getting sidewayZ(but its hard to drift with 260,000 miles on stock suspension and no drift tracks so...)

240sx rear subframe swap too would be nice.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am building a early 260z drift car.

I have decided to go with a RB25DET just due to the fact that it is an easily modified engine, it's cheaper and easier to install than the RB26. Plus the RB25 looks so much better than a SR20. As far as suspension and chassis upgrades, I haven't spared any expense and I still have much to do.

If anyone needs any tips let me know. I have been building Z-cars for about 13 years and building street legal drift cars for 5.

BTW...I am no stranger to drifting. I've even had my E38 740i sideways a few times.

Whenever I have been sliding my Z around in parking lots one thing I noticed is it doesnt have enough lock or whatever(angle) and I cant hold a drift sometimes....

you talking about these from msa?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PSDC11/23-4181

and why people choose corollas for drifting so much bloody aftermarket in steering, also can take the internals out of the PS rack and put them in the non PS rack and it gives you extra lock, it has 1 or 2 more teeth on it.

I have no intention to make a drift car out of my ae86, but a fun street car(4agze supercharged motor) but I just think yall will like to see what people do on these rollas

http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/finally-my-2008-driftcar/t/6245

before

projectsr20det078rm9.jpg

after steering rack stuff

projectsr20det079gf3.jpg