HybridZ

3 piece 16" webbed hre's, pwdr coated and polished

i recently bought a group of these from members on the board (4 from one and 3 more from another), just wanted to post a few pics of them completed. i disassembled them and took them to a wheel repair shop. got them all turned on a laithe to remove nicks, 2 of the lips needed welding and one minor straightening. then the lips went to a friend for polishing, and the barrels and baskets went to the powder coater for a mirror black finish. i think they came out well.

the fronts are 16x8 (seller said 7.5, but they're only 1/2" different than the rears, and the profile of the lip/barrels are all the same where the tire sits, it's an 8" wide rim) and the rears are 16x8.5; i just ordered a set of 245/45/zr16 hankook r-s2's for them, should be here this week, and on the car by the end of the week (assuming i can figure out what to do w/ the stripped stud i've got on one hub.).

http://uncutwelshman.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2303

and below is a pic of the for sale post and what the wheels looked like before resto

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=131154&highlight=HRE+sale

Awesome! Who did you send the wheels to and how much did it cost?

no, i bought them. above is the link from the for sale post ...

1100 for 7 rims; 4 w/ tires (but the fronts were flat spotted and one of the rears had a plug in it), 2 with a bigger backspacing than the others for slicks, and one new in box for spare parts. i'm going to use the 4 w/ the new tires that i just ordered, and put the one decent tire (not the greatest tread, but not flat spotted or plugged) on one of the other wheels as a full sized spare.

the work cost 350 for the repair work (of 4 of the wheels that i'm going to use on the car); 360 for powder coating (it cost more than what the shop usually charges for coating wheels b/c of all the special masking i had them do of all the mating faces to make sure the pieces fit back together ... apparently they've never done 3 piece wheels before.) and the tires were 450 shipped to my door ... oh yeah and it cost 250 to ship all 7 wheels from orlando, FL to hartford, CT ... and i paid my friend 100$ for the polishing, and a few beers ... he's worked on wheels a lot before and has a ton of special equipment for it .... and it took a LONG time to disassemble and reassemble the wheels FYI

I meant, who did you send the wheels to for repair work. I am looking to find someone to repair the clear on my 3-piece wheels. I will probably end up doing it myself with Gollum over summer though.

local wheel repair shop here in CT, did great work but by looking at your address, probably a lil far away

those look killer. love the dish on them

thanks for the compliments, the lips on the 4 in the pics are about 4.5" from the face of the basket center to the edge, i'll post more pics when i get them on the car