HybridZ

my slow, but steady build thread, 80' zx

ZXT_bean

I have to talk with my one of my friends, because he is going to sell me a turbo engine, which means I'd have two motors left over that I would be selling. I am not sure which one of the engines he wants off me, but I would have One left over..

One engine has 180k one has 110k.. I drove around on the 110k engine and it gave me No problems whatsoever..

;) ( the 110k engine is sitting on my garage floor.. lol )

well you give me an address and a price and i will gladly let it sit on my garage floor. pm me, hopefully we can work some thing out.. i wanna get my datty running!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck with your build twisted280z as i also am doin a similar build to as what you are doing. the only problem that i ran into is that i had to replace my timing chain cover before that, the car ran perfect ......after i changed my timing chain cover i cant get my timing right if anyone can help me out on this one i will really apriciate it thanks.

Perhaps you should post somewhere else, this is twisteds thread.. not classifieds. ;P

thanks BSD. i appreciate you looking out for the thread. and looks like im not gonna need that motor, i got an entire parts car that will be here in about 2 hours. im basically gonna just strip every nut and bolt off of it, and send the body to the scrap yard. according to the current owner, the body and every thing of that nature is compleatly rusted beyond repair. but all the electrial and suspension is good, so if any one needs ne thing please feel free to pm me!

and i will be starting a thread in the members projects section asap, so stay on the look out.

ive been looking for the end all be all thread of a l28et swap, but for some reason im having issues finding it. anyone happen to have it bookmarked? ive found a few good threads, but theres so much useless stuff posted in some, its hard to disfier whats useful and not.

thanks everyone!

BSD, i was just looking at your post in the members projects, to get ur cowl panel off did you cut it off? i will have to do the same thing sooner or later, and im just curious as to how much work it was to get it out!! project's looking good though!! i woulda posted there, but dont have a high enough post count at the moment.

Np bud, and thank you. :-D

This will sound funny, but I honestly cut it out using a grinder with a cutting blade.. lol... I drew a quick line with a marker and just cut.. I have a very steady hand. ;P

Now.. cutting the cowel off my other car exactly to fit is gonna be pretty hard.. i'll just cut some extra and grind it down if I have to, then use a level to make sure its sitting good...

*shrugs*

Gonna put quite a bit of POR in there while i'm at it so I won't have to fight the rust monster again.. haha.

all right everyone.. ill have lots of pics for everyone later on today... the motor is just about out.. i just have to get the trans crossmember loose... ahh theres so much rust on this car its nuts!!!!! it hurts the eyes.. lol

well as promised, heres some pics of the tear down of the parts car.. i might drop the engine in tonight.. have to strip alot of things off of it.. need to start researching the wiring.. ive come across a few good threads.. but still very confused.. but ill figgure it out.. still have a few things to get off the parts car.. like the r200 rear, and the turbo fuel pump, and the oil cooler.. but i am not sure if its needed.. any one know?

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

look at the size of the hole in the drivers side floor.. HOLY CRAP!!!

DSCN0078.jpg

ehhh... i have a laptop i plan on using for nistune.. but thats later on once i get all the bugs worked out.. i need help with the wiring!!! theres the 6 pin connector by the battery, and the one by the ecu under the dash from the turbo harness that i need to hook up.. and i am compleatly lost!!! HELP HELP HELP~!!!!

well i have an update for everyone. motor and trans are in. and i am working on the dreaded wiring!! this ignition is kicking my @$$!!!

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086help.jpg

basically i have no spark, so i tried to make this lil diagram picture deal, idk where i went wrong. maybe my ignitor or condensor went bad? i have no idea, i just bought a new coil today, so i dont think thats it

OK gotta say I've never seen someone pull an engine with the radiator still attached.

I'am not the authority here.

Dang thing looked like it was mounted.

ohh it was lol... i have a few dogs here at my moms, so spilling antifreeze is a big no no.. it wassant really that bad.. i would have drained it, but that little drain plug on the bottom cracked off as soon as i touched it.. so i pulled it with it.. didnt give me any problems..

OK gotta say I've never seen someone pull an engine with the radiator still attached.

I'am not the authority here.

Dang thing looked like it was mounted.

I was thinking the same thing... I barely got a turbo motor and in with the radiator pulled...

well the car is 98% complete. waiting on a new ignitor from orlando, and now i have to track down a distributer for a 81 zxt. some how mine has a crack in it.. and rather than try to mess with JB welding it.. i wanna try and find another one.. would anyone know if my 80 n/a distributer will work?

well today i got the entire cooling system buttoned up. alternator is on and wired up. used my N/A one.. it was alot cleaner looking, and i knew it worked. went to go put my drive shaft in only to realize that both the auto trannys for the turbo and the N/A have different spline counts. so i have to pull the shaft out of the parts car. so that kinda made me PO. still have to get the rear diff outa the parts car. i plan on going to the junk yard on monday and pulling a cooling fan out of a Taurus. so more to come!!