HybridZ

Finally, step 1 complete

I finally got the engine out of my slaughtered 2004 GTO and boy do I feel 100x better. The wreckers are coming tomorrow to pick up the carcass, and then the Z is going to be backed up into the garage and the mayhem will begin!! :flamedevi :flamedevi :flamedevi Thanks to all the fellow members on the board who helped answer my questions about removing this beast!

Mystery motor...

IMG_0076.jpg

Bam!

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Let me know what yall think!

Hopefully you sold the other parts from that GTO

We didn't take everything that we could have. It was in my garage for over a year and we just wanted it gone. We twisted our right rear axle which caused the wreck. So we left the rear end on the car, and basically everything else was stripped besides the door. What I have left to sell is....

Front and Rear seats (fronts are in great shape, rear are immaculate)

2006 GTO rear bumper

2004 GTO rear bumper

2004 GTO trunk lid

Walbro 255 fuel pump

RKSport GTO hood (bran new in box, unpainted)

Strut tower

(1) 2004 GTO 17" rim with tire (undamaged rim and tire)

Spare tire (never used)

Stock Fuel injectors

Thats all i can think of for now, but yeah, I didn't just give it away haha. It was just time to get the car gone.

Panzer, to answer what happened to the car:

My dad was driving it to work one day like 6am with barely anyone on the road, and this C6 vette rolled up next to him at a light, and they were messing around, and my dad went from a dig with him, and just lost the rear end. You know how RWD cars get really squirrely off the line and swag left and right really bad? Thats what happened only the right rear axle went and he just lost it and went into a utility pole. I was just glad he survived, that was one of the scariest days of my life, and probably his too.

As far is the Walbro 255, I am going to be using a fuel cell setup, and I will need an external fuel pump, so I am going to be selling mine. Its still brand new haha.

The front seats from the GTO are black, in almost perfect shape (seat wiring harness still in tact), one of them needs the plastic seat belt cover replaced, which is a cheap fix. The front two buckets go from $350-$450 + Shipping. Shipping may be expensive, I would prefer the buyer arrange the shipping.

You might consider saving those and adapting them into your Z, Guaranteed they're more comfy than a stock 240 seat.

Phar

I would like to put them in my Z, but they weigh more than I'd like, and I am going to be running a harness setup, so they wont work too great. They are really really comfortable though