HybridZ

looking for turbo

espo280zx

Well the title says it all. I am looking for a turbo kit for my 79' 280zx. Nothing special, i just want a stock turbo kit so I can bolt it on. I just wanna give the car a little more pick up. Any one have one or knows where I can get one used for cheap. If it has to be I will rebuild the turbo, I just want one.

Thanks,

Jerry

sorry but you don't just bolt a turbo on and go. you need many electrics and vacum changes and muffler upgrades. Plus you need a low compression block to start with or you blow your motor up. If you still want to blow your motor up I have 1 in good shape

sorry but you don't just bolt a turbo on and go. you need many electrics and vacum changes and muffler upgrades. Plus you need a low compression block to start with or you blow your motor up. If you still want to blow your motor up I have 1 in good shape

Well I'm no expert, but I thought I should correct this.

From what I understand, the factory N/A ecu can handle some boost, but the afm cannot. You'll have to search to see the the turbo afm is compatible on the the n/a ecu.

Vacuum stuff shouldn't be a huge issue. If legal, I'd loose as much emissions stuff as possible.

And muffler uprgrades? On a turbo car, the best muffler is no muffler.

I suggest you both spend some time searching. This has been covered many times.

Hope that didn't come across too harsh.

Trust i know a turbo isnt just bolt on and go. It was just an easy way of putting it. Im going to be rebuilding my motor before I put it on.

Trust i know a turbo isnt just bolt on and go. It was just an easy way of putting it. Im going to be rebuilding my motor before I put it on.

I was just trying to suggest you spend the money on a complete turbo motor with wirirng harness. save ya time and money. cheers

Ok been there done that.

I ran 8 psi boost on an N/A L28 with basically everything stock. I had an N42 manifold, turbo injectors, and a rising rate fpr an that ran just fine for me. Oh forgot to mention intercooled. So it can be done, will you like it, probably not. I'm in the process of doing a megasquirt set up right now and from what I have heard and seen its worth every penny.

Well, first Jerry, you can't bolt a turbo onto an N/A Z unless you have the turbo exhaust mani, as well as a turbo distributor, blah blah... of course.. besides that, you wouldn't be able to use the N/A MAF , but you Can use the stock N/A ECU, but you will be limited on boost. I would recommend reading around the site, and depending on your power needs, possibly look into an aftermarket engine management system such as megasquirt. There is TONS of info covered on this site... search! :)

Hope this helped you out some bud.

Ok must I say it again...YES you can use basically all the N/A stuff, even the AFM and N/A distributor. I ran this set up for almost a year. Its only good for low boost though. And as BSD said....SEARCH.

There is so much info on here that you're brain will explode.

Have fun, read away.